PDA

View Full Version : St George round 5 & 6 Eastern creek 2/3 November

Pages : 1 [2]

Marty
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM
I had a pretty good day, almost got cleaned up a few times though, had one visit to the kitty litter and an excursion over the curb both thanks to the same lunatic. I'll post the videos up at some point.

TeamZero pipped me over the line in race 1 and in race 3 i managed to do the same to someone else who decided to back off a few meters early :D

Little Mick
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM
you first timers did great out there!!! I will start posting pics from practice shortly...

chubb
02-11-2013, 08:25 PM
So jealous

Phat3R
02-11-2013, 08:53 PM
What an awesome day!!! Great racing, and good weather (although it was pretty warm). Big turnout, but they were very organised and it all went very smoothly. There was a big crash in the first race of the day (BEARS), but apart from some broken bones, apparently everyone was ok. Which wasn't what we first thought when 5 ambulances, the helicopter, and 5 cop cars showed up. An hour delay (at lunchtime - perfect!), and racing resumed.

So all you first-timers... what did you think?!?

First up Nick, congratulations ... 1:06.865R ... wow! And previous record holder JC (1:07.4098) came off in N18 trying to keep up! :) Plus your nice 1st place trophy, for 600 Clubsport!

We had a ball in #16 ... great fun garage. Had a few battles with Bretto and James out there ... and Dan picked up a 2nd place trophy for D class (600cc & Retro I think).

Lookin forwrd to some sleep and do it all again tomorrow ... going to be hot!

Phat3R
02-11-2013, 08:59 PM
you first timers did great oput there!!! I will start posting pics from practice shortly...

Well I managed to stay upright all day :baby: ... and got down to some consistent 1:13's by the last race. Just managed to get some reasonable starts in last two races. Dan's a machine, and James isn't far behind him.

Little Mick
02-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Well I managed to stay upright all day :baby: ... and got down to some consistent 1:13's by the last race. Just managed to get some reasonable starts in last two races. Dan's a machine, and James isn't far behind him.

well done mate!!! its a tough little circuit and can be very misleading. First race meet doing 13s is awesome!

Little Mick
02-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Some picks from today...

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/sophtayl/slideshow/st%20George%20Rnd%205%202013

enough for tonight...more to get through over next few days...

Jashdown
02-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Nasty crash on first bears race, made the news, hopefully everyone heals up quickly.

Quick question, I've misplaced my St George membership card (little piece of cardboard), what will be the repercussions of this? Will I have trouble registering? Also, how do I go about getting into the track tomorrow morning, what do I use to get in, seeing as my tickets will be used by other people...

Marshy
03-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Use your ARDC membership card to get in the gate (or if you're early and towing a bike, they may not ask for a ticket - they didn't yesterday). Your membership card doesn't get you in anyway ;)

Little Mick
03-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Good luck to all out there today, especially to the first timers. Don't forget to BREATHE!!!!!!

and as far as the start - think like you are taking off at the traffic lights... better to get off smoothly then wheely everywhere ;)

Tristan
03-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Does any one know how dan is after the crash I went into the medical center to see how he was. But he didn't look to good and I got kicked out. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Phat3R
03-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Does any one know how dan is after the crash I went into the medical center to see how he was. But he didn't look to good and I got kicked out. :(

I spoke to his dad, who said that he had a fractured ankle ... a fair angle was mentioned. That last 600cc Clubsport just wasn't going to happen ...

Put a bit of a downer on the end of a fun day.

chubb
03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Hope everyone that came off is ok

Tristan
03-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Yeah I sore that it freaked me out it really wasn't a good sight.

Phat3R
03-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah I sore that it freaked me out it really wasn't a good sight.

His dad confirmed that he high sided at T18/T12 ... poor bugger, he'd had such a great day on the Sat too. I enjoyed watching him race though, some of his overtakes were pretty awesome.

Tristan
03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah is a bit crazy I just hope he is ok the bike is trashed.

Jashdown
03-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Anyone know who came off at T5 in the second restart for clubby? Was right behind him when it happened, got some footage of it, looked like the bike squashed him a bit, didn't see if he was fine though.

Jashdown
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
And also, I have some videos I wanna edit from my camera, but they are .mov files. Windows Movie Maker refuses to open them, so how does everyone edit their videos?

Little Mick
03-11-2013, 10:22 PM
MOv are quicktime from memory... google a freeware to do it

Little Mick
03-11-2013, 10:30 PM
half the pics uploaded...

plenty of sequence shots so suggest scanning thumbnails rather than view every pic

http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/sophtayl/library/st%20George%20Rnd%205%202013#/user/sophtayl/library/st%20George%20Rnd%205%202013?sort=2&page=1&_suid=1383478143296003642896950265517

Phat3R
03-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Was a gold bike, Nick said he knew who it was. That last 600 Clubsport was like the race start practice that just kept on giving.

Negrogrande
03-11-2013, 11:52 PM
got some photos up, haven't had time to edit properly or pick out he best ones, Marshy all of yours were out of focus (you were going too quick!) I tried to get one of all the people who post on here, Rick you are the easiest as your bike sticks out like the proverbials

linky
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.lawson.aus/media_set?set=a.10151724524485671.1073741832.69207 5670&type=3

Turbo
04-11-2013, 12:07 AM
I spoke to his dad, who said that he had a fractured ankle ... a fair angle was mentioned. That last 600cc Clubsport just wasn't going to happen ...

Put a bit of a downer on the end of a fun day.

Dan is staying overnight at Westmead, he is doing well but hanging for a smoke…. and he has to wake up to this:

dan
04-11-2013, 12:47 AM
They had to cut my leathers and my boots which I'm pretty devo about. In hospital overnight should be having surgery tomorrow for the fracture.

Bit of a bummer but hey, it happens. Shame because yesterday was so good. Just pushing a bit too hard today. My ambition far outweighed my talent haha

All in all, I fucking loved it. I can't compare anything I've ever done with road racing. Can't wait to get out there again. I did a PB on 600cc qualifying today taking it pretty easy and dropped 2 seconds off my best time in clubby qualifying putting me 7th on the grid. I was stoked. Feel like my riding as increased a notch. When's next race?

dan
04-11-2013, 01:04 AM
Oh, I won a trophy as well for 2nd place in D Grade clubby coming second only to JC / the grasshopper who is very fast! I had no idea and couldn't believe it. Shame I couldn't back it up today. I think my transition from just being out enjoying it to 'oh shit I'm in the mix wasn't handled very well.

Thanks to Rob, Rick and Marshy for helping get various parts of my bike sorted. Was in a little bit of a panic last week. Congrats to everyone out there - takes balls to line up on one of those grids. Speaking of grids... When my dumb ankle is healed I'm going to the drags to try nail those starts

Tristan
04-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Good work dan I'm glad to see you ok.

senator8
04-11-2013, 07:18 AM
Well done to all, who were out there.
Glad your ok after your off Dan. Heal up quick :)

Marshy
04-11-2013, 07:30 AM
The bug has well and truly bitten by the sound of it, Dan! Heal up, and get ready for February, Round 1 2014. If you need help with the bike, let me know.

Marshy
04-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Anyone know who came off at T5 in the second restart for clubby? Was right behind him when it happened, got some footage of it, looked like the bike squashed him a bit, didn't see if he was fine though.

Someone told me it was Garry Gersack, who I don't actually know although I know the name. Don't think he's on here. Keen to see the footage though!

DisPlaCeD
04-11-2013, 08:09 AM
I believe under the MA rules you were allowed 2 more restarts for the Clubby race...? But ah well... Was looking at it from the rescue vehicle perspective, not racing, but enjoyed watching! Totally different perspective for 2 days... Well done to everyone who had a go! :)

dan
04-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Worst part is I don't have my lap timer or camera so I can't download the info and review it here in hospital :(

Little Mick
04-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Someone told me it was Garry Gersack, who I don't actually know although I know the name. Don't think he's on here. Keen to see the footage though!

He is good mates with Motorbiker - Mark

Team Zero
04-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Pretty sure it was Gary. I'm sure whoever it was will want to see the footage. St George should help you get in touch. Fantastic weekend though good fun racing. Thanks to all involved. It's the first time I have done double duty 600 and club sport. Loved it and will definitely do it again.

Team Zero
04-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Also congratulations to Marshy fantastic results all weekend.

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
got some photos up, haven't had time to edit properly or pick out he best ones, Marshy all of yours were out of focus (you were going too quick!) I tried to get one of all the people who post on here, Rick you are the easiest as your bike sticks out like the proverbials

linky
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.lawson.aus/media_set?set=a.10151724524485671.1073741832.69207 5670&type=3

Great shots there, several of James and me trying to keep up. Like the wide format ... just cropped? Wouldn't mind some hi res of some. Thx.

dan
04-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Pretty sure it was Gary. I'm sure whoever it was will want to see the footage. St George should help you get in touch. Fantastic weekend though good fun racing. Thanks to all involved. It's the first time I have done double duty 600 and club sport. Loved it and will definitely do it again.

Double duty was great. Really kept you on your toes!

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 09:31 AM
I believe under the MA rules you were allowed 2 more restarts for the Clubby race...? But ah well... Was looking at it from the rescue vehicle perspective, not racing, but enjoyed watching! Totally different perspective for 2 days... Well done to everyone who had a go! :)

Did they ever give any official reason why they declared that last CS600 race? Out of time?

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Worst part is I don't have my lap timer or camera so I can't download the info and review it here in hospital :(

Heal fast Dan. Post that footage up of some of your Sunday excursions, when you get that camera back.

Medic!
04-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Was almost 5pm by then. Race control told us on Sat that as long as race is started by 5 it can go ahead. They would have been cutting it close to get the bikes back on the grid by the time recovery was off the track. I think they also factored in fatigue as another reason to can it.

Well done to everyone. I flagged on turn 15 on Sunday. Just watching gave butt Puckering moments all day. Great place to flag from and made up for t8 on Sat.
Wow Leanne gets so far off her bike I thought she was going to run along beside it.
I'll be picking the collective brains trust for advice as I'd like to be ON the track for rnd 1 next year instead of watching.

Marshy
04-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Chris Baker told me that 2 red flags meant that the race couldn't be restarted again - MA regs. Not sure if that is right though.....

I strongly suspect the 0 points for race three AND 0 for the handicap (same race) have cost me the championship. 50 points lost.

Medic!
04-11-2013, 11:41 AM
When my dumb ankle is healed I'm going to the drags to try nail those starts

Toughen up Princess. Your not going to let that little scratch keep you off the bike surely.:faint2: Bike night is not until next thursday 14 nov. Plenty of time.

Nah seriously all the best with your recovery Dan. If I woke to that I'd pass out, wake again, pass out and repeat until back where it should be.

But if it helps speed things up I have some special bandaids for you.

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p772/Randall_Owens/IMAG1170_zpsbb3a31d0.jpg (http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/Randall_Owens/media/IMAG1170_zpsbb3a31d0.jpg.html)

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Chris Baker told me that 2 red flags meant that the race couldn't be restarted again - MA regs. Not sure if that is right though.....

I strongly suspect the 0 points for race three AND 0 for the handicap (same race) have cost me the championship. 50 points lost.

I'm not sure how to interpret that - is an event across multiple restarts ???

2013 MANUAL OF MOTORCYCLE SPORT 12 ALL DISCIPLINES
12.12.0.1 Where an incident causes an event to be stopped, the Steward or Clerk of Course may declare the event complete if at least 75% of the event distance or time, whichever is the less, has been run.

dan
04-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Toughen up Princess. Your not going to let that little scratch keep you off the bike surely.:faint2: Bike night is not until next thursday 14 nov. Plenty of time.

Nah seriously all the best with your recovery Dan. If I woke to that I'd pass out, wake again, pass out and repeat until back where it should be.

But if it helps speed things up I have some special bandaids for you.

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p772/Randall_Owens/IMAG1170_zpsbb3a31d0.jpg (http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/Randall_Owens/media/IMAG1170_zpsbb3a31d0.jpg.html)

Haha I'll be out there again ASAP. I'm just sick off being nailed off the line!

Stu23
04-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Quickshifter wasnt working, Nick tried hard with me to fix it but it wasnt going to play then Blew up my main bike Sat practice !! main sprocket nut came off the spare bike bike during sat race, then Crashed my wife and kids bike ( my spare ) on Sunday 1st race !! someone dinged my daughters car in the car park, someone scratched my car in the car park, my bikes fell over in the trailer on the way home !!! Not the best of weekends, but i might had saved 2nd place in clubsport ..

dan
04-11-2013, 12:18 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/04/y5y9e8e3.jpg

Negrogrande
04-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Great shots there, several of James and me trying to keep up. Like the wide format ... just cropped? Wouldn't mind some hi res of some. Thx.

Cropping plus light-room was playing around, disapponted in myself that I didn't get there earlier, I had the F stop to low and lost alot of zoom (only using a kit lense) & didn't realise until the 1000cc race (pretty boring photos as they were so spread out).

on the plus Ray Oxford said that if I go upto him beforehand at the next meet he will aim to get more pics of me (hooray!)

Condor
04-11-2013, 12:55 PM
What a weekend that was!!! I was pretty impressed with how the whole weekend was run, Im defiantly racing again rd1 next year.

Glad to hear your ok daniel son, You sure had that throttle screwed around!!! Thumbs up to everyone, was a real good vibe out there

Marshy
04-11-2013, 01:06 PM

This photo is pure gold! Although I suspect there's a playboy magazine inside the bike one :rofl: ;)

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 01:08 PM

LOL re the reading material ...

chubb
04-11-2013, 01:14 PM
found this of Stuart on Andrew's page

you know lying down on the job is a no-no

Stu23
04-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Carl is already busy stripping it and mine ! im getting hourly reports :(

dan
04-11-2013, 03:57 PM
This photo is pure gold! Although I suspect there's a playboy magazine inside the bike one :rofl: ;)

That is my version of Playboy #tracklife4life

Baddie
04-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Carl is already busy stripping it and mine ! im getting hourly reports :(

I'm not sure what a engine rebuild is worth...Possible this maybe cheaper???

http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-vehicles/3907215/2008-yamaha-r6-motorcycle?referringPage=SearchResults

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Been searching the MoMS for keywords, searched on 'declare' and found this ... bugger if you lost out on the championship ... I think there were some very tired bodies and minds out there for the last race.

Was the first stoppage after over two laps ... I think it may have been, which would mean the restart distances should have been the balance rather than the original five laps?

15.24.8.6 Where the Steward or Clerk of Course has stopped a race due to danger, the following will apply:
a) If no more than 2 laps of the stopped
race were completed:
i) The stopped race will be
declared null and void,
ii) The race may be re-run,
iii) The re-run race will be for the
full race distance,
iv) The original grid positions will be
used,
v) The place of any machine
unable to take part in the re-run
race will be left vacant,
vi) Machines may be repaired or replaced provided they have been approved by the Scrutineer.

b)If more than 2 laps, but less than 75% of the race distance, have been completed:
i) The race may be re-started, but
only once,
ii) The restart must occur no more
than 30 minutes after the race
has been stopped,
iii) The re-started race distance will
be equal to the balance of the
stopped race distance,
iv) Positions on the grid for the re- started race will be determined
by the order of competitors at the finish line of the last full lap of the stopped race,
v) Only competitors who have completed at least 75% of
the laps completed by the leading competitor at the time
of stopping will be permitted to participate in the re-started race,
vi) Machines may be repaired or replaced provided they have been approved by the Scrutineer,
vii) The stopped race and any re-run will be deemed to be parts of the 1 race,
viii) The winner will be the competitor having the highest number of laps at the finish,
ix) Where 2 or more competitors complete the same number of laps, the winning order will be determined by the time taken by each to complete those laps,
x) If at least 75% of the scheduled race distance is completed, full points will be awarded,
xi) If less than 75% of the scheduled race distance is completed, half points will be awarded.

BoB
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM

Give me a couple more hours and I will give you something interesting to watch. Just counting up the number of times I catch you running off T11 . I think you made it to 3 for the day , two in front of me and one next to me. (Caught on the rear cam trying to sneak one up the inside).
Rest up and see you at the next st george.

Marshy
04-11-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure what a engine rebuild is worth...Possible this maybe cheaper???

http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-vehicles/3907215/2008-yamaha-r6-motorcycle?referringPage=SearchResults

Hey, that's already going to be mine! No sneaky bidding against me!! If you are really really going to bid on it, let me know so we don't do anything silly.

chubb
04-11-2013, 05:03 PM

So Little Mick & Ed, we gonna bash fairings next year??

Little Mick
04-11-2013, 05:43 PM
didnt our fairings get bashed enough this year? would rather not have to keep repairing them ;)

chubb
04-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Well not bash. Rub maybe.

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Oh, I won a trophy as well for 2nd place in D Grade clubby coming second only to JC / the grasshopper who is very fast! I had no idea and couldn't believe it. Shame I couldn't back it up today. I think my transition from just being out enjoying it to 'oh shit I'm in the mix wasn't handled very well.

I thought your 7th place for Q6 on Sun was super impressive, a 1:44.3510 on that ancient Suzuki was those tyres/brakes ...

So your Sunday off track excursions due to over cooking corners were more because of lack of brakes or tyre grip? Maybe new tyres for the Feb meet and new rotors / pads can get you and that bike consistent laps?

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Well not bash. Rub maybe.

Or ... gently caress? :shocked:

dan
04-11-2013, 06:37 PM
I thought your 7th place for Q6 on Sun was super impressive, a 1:44.3510 on that ancient Suzuki was those tyres/brakes ...

So your Sunday off track excursions due to over cooking corners were more because of lack of brakes or tyre grip? Maybe new tyres for the Feb meet and new rotors / pads can get you and that bike consistent laps?

I think I was just pushing too hard for places whereas I should have waited a little while to settle in and then start picking people off. I was coming in way too shallow way too fast trying to get underneath people then didnt have enough room to turn. I honestly think it was just my inexperience showing. The bike was behaving well and I couldn't possibly scapegoat it and keep a straight face. 100% rider error in all cases.

Re: Q6 placing, thanks! She did alright for an old girl on second hand tyres and probably 10 year old fork oil with unknown suspension settings. I'd been hoping to break 1.45s that weekend and did it almost straight away and smashed my old time by over 2 seconds. Amazing what a day of racing does to your confidence. Started seeing the track completely differently and was really getting into corners subconsciously rather than thinking 'i should hang off here'. Was very natural.

Seeing as I'm going to be sidelined for a little bit it'll give me an opportunity to try do some solid work on the bike. As soon as exams as are finished forks are coming off and I'm going over the whole thing with a fine tooth comb. Going to make the fairings a bit prettier as well and find a proper solution to my ram air issue. Lots and lots to do - better hang up my whiteboard! Shame I didn't break my right ankle so I could get back on the bike earlier. No idea how long this is going to take to get track ready.

Marshy
04-11-2013, 06:43 PM
probably 10 year old fork oil with unknown suspension settings.

I can help with servicing your suspension.

Shame I didn't break my right ankle so I could get back on the bike earlier.

Yep, the left is a bugger! You don't need the rear brake, but gear changes are unfortunately unavoidable.

chubb
04-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Yep, the left is a bugger! You don't need the rear brake, but gear changes are unfortunately unavoidable.

Don't need the left either

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lI25aqSq-xc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlI25aqSq-xc

Marty
04-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Dan - I'm really sorry to hear about your crash, I didn't realise who it was who went down. My mate was standing on T12 watching me go around and he told me how he saw the crash go down. He reckons there was an incident further up that compressed the field and you got left with nowhere to go and were basically hung out to dry.

dan
04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Yeah it definitely seemed to compress rather quickly but I think I didn't leave myself much room either way. Pity, I was moving through the field rather efficiently considering I'd started in P33. You enjoy your weekend Marty?

Phat3R
04-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Been searching the MoMS for keywords, searched on 'declare' and found this ... bugger if you lost out on the championship ... I think there were some very tired bodies and minds out there for the last race.

Was the first stoppage after over two laps ... I think it may have been, which would mean the restart distances should have been the balance rather than the original five laps?

I just watched Rob's video of Dan's HS in Sunday's Race 18 ... I'm sure that two laps had been completed by the leader BEFORE the red flags came out. In which case MoMS 15.24.8.6 b should be in effect, NOT 15.24.8.6 a. The restarted race should not be declared null and void now if stopped, there can only be one restart, which we had, and as less than 75% distance was covered (either singularly or in total) half points should then be awarded. Anyone see any error in my logic or know of supplemental rules for the round that would void 15.24.8.6 b. ???

b)If more than 2 laps, but less than 75% of the race distance, have been completed:
i) The race may be re-started, but only once,
ii) The restart must occur no more than 30 minutes after the race has been stopped,
iii) The re-started race distance will be equal to the balance of the stopped race distance,
iv) Positions on the grid for the re- started race will be determined by the order of competitors at the finish line of the last full lap of the stopped race,
v) Only competitors who have completed at least 75% of the laps completed by the leading competitor at the time of stopping will be permitted to participate in the re-started race,
vi) Machines may be repaired or replaced provided they have been approved by the Scrutineer,
vii) The stopped race and any re-run will be deemed to be parts of the 1 race,
viii) The winner will be the competitor having the highest number of laps at the finish,
ix) Where 2 or more competitors complete the same number of laps, the winning order will be determined by the time taken by each to complete those laps,
x) If at least 75% of the scheduled race distance is completed, full points will be awarded,
xi) If less than 75% of the scheduled race distance is completed, half points will be awarded.

dadat178
04-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Dan - I'm really sorry to hear about your crash, I didn't realise who it was who went down. My mate was standing on T12 watching me go around and he told me how he saw the crash go down. He reckons there was an incident further up that compressed the field and you got left with nowhere to go and were basically hung out to dry.

I don't think that was it, I was the bike in front of Dan when he went down, looks to me like he tried hard to dive under me and it didn't work. Speedy recovery to him. He was riding hard all weekend.

dan
04-11-2013, 08:52 PM
I just watched Rob's video of Dan's HS in Sunday's Race 18 ... I'm sure that two laps had been completed by the leader BEFORE the red flags came out. In which case MoMS 15.24.8.6 b should be in effect, NOT 15.24.8.6 a. The restarted race should not be declared null and void now if stopped, there can only be one restart, which we had, and as less than 75% distance was covered (either singularly or in total) half points should then be awarded. Anyone see any error in my logic or know of supplemental rules for the round that would void 15.24.8.6 b. ???

Where is the vid???

dan
04-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't think that was it, I was the bike in front of Dan when he went down, looks to me like he tried hard to dive under me and it didn't work. Speedy recovery to him. He was riding hard all weekend.

Yeah that is my recollection of events!

dadat178
04-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Where is the vid???

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthread.php?318-St-George-vids-SMP-Nov-2013&p=4191#post4191

Marty
05-11-2013, 06:06 PM

Yes sounds like you are right, the video tells a different story. Must of looked different from the hill. Maybe my mate was talking about bob getting hung out to dry since he ran off the track

Medic!
05-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I was flagging on the sth circuit on Saturday and the last race started just before 5pm. There was doubt at first if it was going ahead when ra e control were informed as long as it started before 5 was ok. After the clean up on last race Sunday it was very close to 5 so maybe that had a bearing on it. Though they did say over the radio it was because of 2 reds

dan
05-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Does anyone know the girl who was taking photos at turn 11/12 and where they might be available?

Tristan
05-11-2013, 08:31 PM
It was one of the flagies

James
05-11-2013, 09:06 PM
So all you first-timers... what did you think?!?

WHAT A BLOODY AWESOME WEEKEND!
I can't even describe how much fun I had!
A great introduction to racing - really impressed at how well organised the event was. I kind of regret not doing this much earlier in my life! Definitely hooked!
There was a few butt clenching moments at the back of the pack, great hussle for the lower rankings....but most of all over the two days my riding and lap times improved a fair wack.
The place had such a good vibe, great bunch of guys and gals racing - thanks to all involved, especially to those flagging and on recovery! Great job.
Cant wait for round 1!

Also, congrats to Dan for making 2nd in Cluby on the Sat and totally writing himself off on the Sunday! Maniac.

Marshy
06-11-2013, 11:07 PM

I've just been looking at the video, and the rules again. It looks like they have applied some rules from part a. and some from part b. We covered 2 full laps - the race was stopped during the third lap - so part a. should apply. ie, the race is re-run. However, there's no 'only one restart' rule in part a. So the race should simply have been restarted again for a third time (the second stoppage was still under part a. also, because it hadn't completed 3 laps either). If they then ran out of time or daylight for a third restart, that's a different matter.

Part b. doesn't apply, because we hadn't completed 3 laps (ie more than 2 laps but less than 75% distance).

Do you agree?

So the only fair thing to do is not count any race 3 results against the overall championship, which is standard procedure if they run out of time to run race 3 events for all classes at a race meet.

As an aside, the results from part 1 of the race seem to have disappeared from NatSoft. Did anyone save a copy?

Stu23
06-11-2013, 11:13 PM
do you mean for all race 3 results for all classes Nick...... If so it seems reasonable to me, otherwise we are being penalised , worth bringing up

Marshy
06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
do you mean for all race 3 results for all classes Nick...... If so it seems reasonable to me, otherwise we are being penalised , worth bringing up

Yes, that's what's been done before. Points for race 3 for all classes just don't add on to the championship tally. They remain in place for the round results.

Stu23
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
seems reasonable

Phat3R
06-11-2013, 11:21 PM
I've just been looking at the video, and the rules again. It looks like they have applied some rules from part a. and some from part b. We covered 2 full laps - the race was stopped during the third lap - so part a. should apply. ie, the race is re-run. However, there's no 'only one restart' rule in part a. So the race should simply have been restarted again for a third time (the second stoppage was still under part a. also, because it hadn't completed 3 laps either). If they then ran out of time or daylight for a third restart, that's a different matter.

Part b. doesn't apply, because we hadn't completed 3 laps (ie more than 2 laps but less than 75% distance).

Do you agree?

So the only fair thing to do is not count any race 3 results against the overall championship, which is standard procedure if they run out of time to run race 3 events for all classes at a race meet.

As an aside, the results from part 1 of the race seem to have disappeared from NatSoft. Did anyone save a copy?

I counted more than 2 laps as being 2.00001 laps ... ie you finish second lap and start the third. I reckon you passed the start / finish to begin third lap before red came out. So I go straight to 15.24.8.6 b. Should get in touch with MA and get clarification on what they mean by more than 2 laps. ???

Little Mick
06-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Ask Marquez.....

Phat3R
06-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Ask Marquez.....

No point we know he can't count :)

Little Mick
06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
No point we know he can't count :)

I reckon he may have been schooled effectively a few weeks ago... either way - apply the same interpretation as the officials did... your answer will appear.

Phat3R
06-11-2013, 11:41 PM
I reckon he may have been schooled effectively a few weeks ago... either way - apply the same interpretation as the officials did... your answer will appear.

OK, so using the Dorna logic, not sure if this translates to MA, but I'll run with it:

No more than 10 laps on a set of tyres = stop at end of laps 9 or 10.

No more than 2 laps = End of laps 1 or 2

More than 2 laps = Start of lap 3.

???

Marshy
07-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Well, Dorna said that 10.9 laps was 'more than 10 laps', hence why Marc got done. Following that logic, 2.4 laps (about where the red came out) is 'more than 2'. But the rule with red flags has always been that it reverts to the end of the last full completed lap (lap 2 in this case, or even arguably lap 1 if the whole field hadn't crossed the finish line for lap 2 before the reds came out - does anyone know whether everyone crossed??). Remember when Jim Richards won Bathurst in Godzilla in the pissing rain after crashing and ripping one of the front wheels off the car?? It reverted back to when he crossed the line, not when he ploughed into the wall.....

Little Mick
07-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Well, Dorna said that 10.9 laps was 'more than 10 laps', hence why Marc got done. Following that logic, 2.4 laps (about where the red came out) is 'more than 2'. But the rule with red flags has always been that it reverts to the end of the last full completed lap (lap 2 in this case, or even arguably lap 1 if the whole field hadn't crossed the finish line for lap 2 before the reds came out - does anyone know whether everyone crossed??). Remember when Jim Richards won Bathurst in Godzilla in the pissing rain after crashing and ripping one of the front wheels off the car?? It reverted back to when he crossed the line, not when he ploughed into the wall.....

was my wedding day - 4th Oct 21 years ago....

Alas.. tin tops and and bikes dont always apply similar rules...

I would count the laps based on the lead lap.. ie -if the lap count had started for the leader, then you are on that lap, in this case, Lap 3 (more than 2), regardless if everyone had crossed the line or not.

I know championship is at stake Nick, but would recommend you look at the other classes to see what impact dropping the 3rd heat from everyones championship points would have (I know you probably already have ;) ). Then at least when you query the decision and make a suggestion to drop that round, that comeback can be addressed. In rnd 1, when there was a risk of not getting all the races in, the announcement came over the PA that race 2 would be the HC just in case the last race wasnt held.

I guess most had been run by the time of this incident.

The question is, if the said race was dropped, what would it do to the championship? what are the guidelines for the championship? anything in writing around this?

Marty
07-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Remember when Jim Richards won Bathurst in Godzilla in the pissing rain after crashing and ripping one of the front wheels off the car?? It reverted back to when he crossed the line, not when he ploughed into the wall.....
Ahah that's when he called the crowd a pack of bloody arseholes! Out of character for gentleman Jim

Marshy
07-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z19UGblgVog

Nelso
07-11-2013, 08:34 PM
The ruling is that everyone in the field has to have finished 75% of the race for it to be declared so it didn't matter if Marshy had passed the start line or not.

They can restart a race twice, but they didn't start the race a third time because of time. I went and asked.:eyebrows:

Marshy
07-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Just out of interest, who did you ask? Because Chris Baker said to me that it couldn't be restarted a third time due to MA rules about no more than 1 restart (which wasn't the right ruling due to not having completed more than 2 laps).

Medic!
07-11-2013, 10:04 PM
I think at the creek all racing/practice/track days can start no earlier than 9am and finished by 5pm or very shortly after if started before 5.

senator8
07-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah, although drift cars with nothing but turbo dump pipes and top fuel dragsters are ok.

Phat3R
07-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah, although drift cars with nothing but turbo dump pipes and top fuel dragsters are ok.

Agreed Rick, I can't work out how they can have noise regs for bikes ... whilst top fuels make so much noise on a run, you can FEEL them 10km away?

Medic!
07-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Does ardc control all of this? As you would know from practice days 10 bikes to get a session allocated but 2 cars no prob. Bit of bias!

Marshy
08-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Does ardc control all of this? As you would know from practice days 10 bikes to get a session allocated but 2 cars no prob. Bit of bias!

This is most of the problem, yes. However, FX got permission to run bikes after 5pm at the Creek (until 7pm, I think, for their day/night concept that never eventuated), so it's not out of the question. You probably need an additional permit, or something.

dadat178
08-11-2013, 06:12 AM

Dead right, makes no sense. Those drifters going all weekend were pretty bloody irritating. To me that is one of the dumber forms of "Motorsport" but hey each to his or her own.

Marty
08-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Dead right, makes no sense. Those drifters going all weekend were pretty bloody irritating. To me that is one of the dumber forms of "Motorsport" but hey each to his or her own.

Don't underestimate how loud the bike track days are. I can walk out of my house 10km away and hear them loud and clear, that's pretty good for road bikes. I guarantee that you won't here those drift cars from even the tip.

Top Fuel and Doorslammer is another story but there's only a few events a year and the noise goes for 4.5-6 secs at a time.

I would be more than happy to baffle the shit out of my bike if it meant more track time.

Mr.Ed
08-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Agree, they built a go-kart race track about 6-7K from where I lived and because it was on a valley you could hear them going all day long... bikes can get pretty loud (ask Little Mick! hahaha) but then again, what's the difference between 5 and 7pm anyway?? Maybe during the week it can bother whoever walks their dog around the tip but on a weekend you'd expect a bit of noise, no?

Nelso
08-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Just out of interest, who did you ask? Because Chris Baker said to me that it couldn't be restarted a third time due to MA rules about no more than 1 restart (which wasn't the right ruling due to not having completed more than 2 laps).

The big loud guy from ARDC and Jan. He said you can only restart a race twice, but there wasn't enough time to do it and be finished by 5pm.

Phat3R
13-11-2013, 10:31 PM
My favourite picture of the meet so far ... James who's blue bike is that ... back there??? So where's that video you took ... hope that camera was rear facing ... :photo:

Thanks to Ray Oxford for these ...

dan
13-11-2013, 10:35 PM
lololololol

Marshy
13-11-2013, 11:31 PM
That's a top shot, Rick!! Nice body position :D

Mr.Ed
14-11-2013, 02:01 AM

Yep, it reminds me of one of those cool MotoGP riders!!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RbWVkw1SNQ8/UoOTz6RVpMI/AAAAAAAABUc/TVku2oUZ5_Y/w960-h647-no/Angle.jpg

:banplease:

Phat3R
14-11-2013, 06:59 AM
lololololol

OK ... so it's more of an optical illusion ... James was in front of me way more often ... I think this shot was at T2 when I snuck through on the inside at T1 after James was blocked on the outside because his ole sparring partner #51 hit a false neutral and pushed them both wide ... I was still chuckling to myself most of that lap ... pure luck I was far enough back to take advantage and zoom up the inside.

So to my fellow garage buddies of the meet ... James & Dan ... where's that video footage ??? Dan you should have some spectacular stuff for N18, plus a few rounding me up pretty quickly too???

Little Mick
14-11-2013, 07:00 AM

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RbWVkw1SNQ8/UoOTz6RVpMI/AAAAAAAABUc/TVku2oUZ5_Y/w960-h647-no/Angle.jpg

hahahaaaa love it... I need a protractor with that calibration :D

Phat3R
14-11-2013, 07:12 AM

Better than my wheel nut inspection body position shot from Sat ... eh !!! :der:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=733451566668339&set=a.733252046688291.1073741899.100000105075640&type=3&theater

Ray takes some good photties ... but the best ones are those with a few competitors behind ya :)

Poor James had the worst luck in terms of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and being blocked. We had a discussion about preferred starting positions in the pack and reckon far left is the best as we seemed to get better runs into T1 without being blocked more often. We are talking starting in the 20-35 position mind you!

Phat3R
14-11-2013, 09:09 AM

Is that 56-57 deg Ed? ... Lookz like on road tyres ... Q2's?

Marshy
14-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Nice, Ed. Great photoshopping to get the track edge level in the shot, even though you've tilted the whole picture left..... ;)

Jokes! That's awesome mate :peace:

Stu23
14-11-2013, 10:44 AM
That's a great shot

Mr.Ed
14-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Nice, Ed. Great photoshopping to get the track edge level in the shot, even though you've tilted the whole picture left..... ;)

Jokes! That's awesome mate :peace:

hahaha No Photoshop! I don't even know how to use it to be honest. A mate showed me the little graph and I said "hmmm I'd love to know what angle I reach" and then he got a pic from FB and did it for me. The angle on the pic is as Ray took it. I know the horizon looks erm... horizontal but I guess his camera was on a angle or something. There's definitely a nice camber around T2!

Oh, and the tires are GP209 (yep, them old beauties! Still miss'em) and french Ntec 200/55.

chubb
14-11-2013, 04:20 PM

Haha you just need your elbow down now.

Mr.Ed
14-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Tried a few times, the rear would let go every time I got close... hahahaha not terribly but again, not fun.

Negrogrande
14-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Tried a few times, the rear would let go every time I got close... hahahaha not terribly but again, not fun.

I'm determined to do it on the next Bernie Hatton day, I've been getting close on turn 5

Bernie day is good as I get 12 goes at it each session, just need to make sure someone is manning the camera when i eventually do it (and/or crash trying)

Mr.Ed
14-11-2013, 07:36 PM
I reckon I have a good shot at old T12 but not on T5... I mean, not if I want to take it at any decent speed.

dan
14-11-2013, 07:47 PM
OK ... so it's more of an optical illusion ... James was in front of me way more often ... I think this shot was at T2 when I snuck through on the inside at T1 after James was blocked on the outside because his ole sparring partner #51 hit a false neutral and pushed them both wide ... I was still chuckling to myself most of that lap ... pure luck I was far enough back to take advantage and zoom up the inside.

So to my fellow garage buddies of the meet ... James & Dan ... where's that video footage ??? Dan you should have some spectacular stuff for N18, plus a few rounding me up pretty quickly too???

I just love that photo it looks like you are head butting something.

I'm slowly going through my vids. iMovie is being a c--t with importing so I'm going to find another programme.

I'll ask James where's his is!

My camera died at turn 6 on the lap I had the crash on. Unbelievable.

Nelso
14-11-2013, 08:03 PM
I didn't realise how close I was last weekend while I was racing. I'll have to try to get it down next track day Ray or Phil are there to take shots.:tongue: Might just have to lose a few kilo's so I can tuck down a bit more.:embarassed:

Mr.Ed
14-11-2013, 09:09 PM
That's pretty close, Nelso... Only need to drop the shoulders a bit more and you're there!

dan
14-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Awesome photo Nelso!

Negrogrande
15-11-2013, 10:18 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1382167_10151724530400671_1323328180_n.jpg

the lean angle is definitely there.

I will have a squizz through the photos I took and see if I have any more of you Nelso, I tried to get more shots of the people that post here.

Phat3R
15-11-2013, 10:55 AM
I'd be interested to know what happens if you touch the elbow down without sliders there? With knees without sliders it can catch. I saw JC aka the Grasshopper had elbow sliders with wear marks, he' got limbs sticking out everywhere! Wonder what people will be trying to get down after the elbow craze dies down, think I saw a YouTube clip of a guy in the states get his helmet down.

Ahh here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXL-rYIlEd4

dan
15-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Wouldn't want to make a habit of getting your helmet down - seems like a pretty easy way to break your neck :/

Next craze will be getting your right knee down on a left hand corner. You heard it here first!

Jashdown
15-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Elbow down without sliders is gonna result in a nice hole pretty quickly. The sliders that came with my leathers were shockers and wore out really quick, ended up wearing right through one after a few track days and wore a hole in my leathers!

chubb
15-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd be interested to know what happens if you touch the elbow down without sliders there? With knees without sliders it can catch. I saw JC aka the Grasshopper had elbow sliders with wear marks, he' got limbs sticking out everywhere! Wonder what people will be trying to get down after the elbow craze dies down, think I saw a YouTube clip of a guy in the states get his helmet down.

Ahh here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXL-rYIlEd4

Yeah grass insect is really tall as well

Phat3R
15-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Next craze will be getting your right knee down on a left hand corner. You heard it here first!

Ohh I like it ... yoga style ... downward dog ...

Phat3R
15-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah grass insect is really tall as well

Those photo's of him behind Marshy are amazing ... I see why Nick is so fast ... it looks like he's being chased by an alien ...

dan
15-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Those photo's of him behind Marshy are amazing ... I see why Nick is so fast ... it looks like he's being chased by an alien ...

Imminent Probing.

Phat3R
15-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Imminent Probing.

The bug with elbows down ... JC could attach winglets onto his leathers to get downforce ... :spider:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=734804939866335&set=a.734801886533307.1073741901.100000105075640&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=734277349919094&set=a.734275323252630.1073741900.100000105075640&type=1&theater

Jashdown
15-11-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm taller than him by a good few inches but I look no where near as gangly on the bike as him. He must have the longest, skinniest limbs.

Marshy
15-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Imminent Probing.

I was fleeing for my life!!

I'm taller than him by a good few inches but I look no where near as gangly on the bike as him. He must have the longest, skinniest limbs.

He's also just riding MX style, with elbows stuck waaaaaay forward, out and up. Road riders, even tall gangly ones, don't usually ride like that.

chubb
15-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Eh yoo. Why yu no ride like Marquez??

Nelso
16-11-2013, 12:03 AM

Marshy is fast because he is smooth, same as Leanne. Grasshopper is very aggressive in his riding. He is fast, but is always on the edge, which is also why he crashes so much.:fear:

Marshy
16-11-2013, 07:04 AM
He is fast, but is always on the edge, which is also why he crashes so much.:fear:

I keep telling him not to chop the throttle mid-turn, but he hasn't got the hang of it yet. Mid-corner, his bike bucks and weaves under him in a scary manner, and it often overcomes the available grip by doing that. Once he sorts that out, he'll be properly fast.

Phat3R
16-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Definitely leave them connected. Mucho damage can result from not having one.

Back in the olden days, before tip-over switches, we used to race with lanyards on (like on a tinny with an outboard, on a stretchy cable), so that if you parted company with the bike it killed the ignition.

Like this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!B0Gslk!Bmk~$(KGrHqEOKiUE)Q)HiJgLBMY3Hfs1(g~~_35.J PG

Why Kev using one of dem at FX?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152127157964873&set=a.10150378936394873.374271.806754872&type=1&theater

Marshy
17-11-2013, 05:09 AM
Because he's old skool, man ;)

Marty
18-11-2013, 08:25 AM
They are still mandatory for bike drag racing when u get to a certain level. There is some merit to it because it is possible to be off the bike and the bike is sailing along upright, I've seen it happen in lots of stunt videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD