PDA

View Full Version : What I did today...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Mr.Ed
19-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Wow, I bet mine is the same :(

When I got mine done at the end of 2012 it looked pretty much like that too... and that was on a 09 bike with less than 8000Kms, 99% of them on the road

dan
19-01-2014, 11:07 PM
When I got mine done at the end of 2012 it looked pretty much like that too... and that was on a 09 bike with less than 8000Kms, 99% of them on the road

I'm really scared now...

Phat3R
19-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Installed Phat3r's quickshifter, and serviced his shock and forks. The rear shock was ugly inside!

How thoughtful ... sparkling Chardy in a rear shock ... to think I've been relying on that to keep the rear tyre in contact through T1 ...

That QS looks vewy sexy ... T2 / T3 is going to become fun again.

Phat3R
20-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Picked up new trailer....time to customize.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/43/85o0.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/1785o0j)

Purple for the trailer so they match? :)

Baddie
20-01-2014, 01:28 AM
My miss hates when I go searching for facts Etc...

She sent me this picture to put on the side of the trailer..:laugh::laugh:

Phat3R
20-01-2014, 07:31 AM

I'm pretty sure that shock had never been opened ... in 13 years ... Yeah does make you wonder about state of suspension on road bikes ... but then sane people are not riding around the streets at 200+kph with their knee down (well not for very long) ... my guesstimate would be 80% of road only bikes still have chicken strips (which is probably a good thing).

Phat3R
20-01-2014, 07:32 AM
My miss hates when I go searching for facts Etc...

She sent me this picture to put on the side of the trailer..:laugh::laugh:

Well if it has her seal of approval ... do it before she changes her mind. :)

Marshy
20-01-2014, 07:51 AM
I'm pretty sure that shock had never been opened ... in 13 years ... Yeah does make you wonder about state of suspension on road bikes ... but then sane people are not riding around the streets at 200+kph with their knee down (well not for very long) ... my guesstimate would be 80% of road only bikes still have chicken strips (which is probably a good thing).

And track bikes. It's the old boiling-a-frog-slowly syndrome - the suspension gets soooo slowly and progressively worse that you simply don't notice.... until it's fixed and then it's unbelievably different. If you could somehow ride your own bike from 5 years ago right now (time machine?), you'd be amazed at how different it feels.

For me, when I jumped on an almost-new R6 for some laps, it was a revelation! OEM suspension, when recently serviced, feels awesome! Virtually as good as uber-exxy aftermarket suspension, but much easier to tune and live with. People get sold up the garden path with needing "Ohlins", when really they just need a service, and maybe a revalve/respring.

It's the equivalent of never servicing your engine, then complaining that it's running like total crap (no horsepower, sounds terrible, hard to start), then proposing that the solution is to buy a brand new full-blown supersport engine, eg from Graves: https://www.gravesport.com/Team-Graves-Yamaha-R6-Race-Spec-Engines.html, instead of an oil change and new air filter and spark plugs.

http://www.tchforegon.org/sites/default/files/pictures/madnessbanner.png

chubb
20-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Anything to spend more money!!

Phat3R
20-01-2014, 09:32 AM
People get sold up the garden path with needing "Ohlins", when really they just need a service, and maybe a revalve/respring.

100% agree Nick.

When I had Shock Treatment put the Racetech catridge emulators in the OEM forks on my little CBR250R they said the OEM oil was so rancid(8,000km in just 6 months, I bought brand new) that just changing the oil would have made a huge difference. It amazes me that designers have not found a way to make these suspension components more easily 'user serviced', ie 'drain and refill in place' so they can be serviced every 6 months as they probably should be. Currently it's kinda like having to pull the engine apart just to change the oil.

Marshy
20-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm with you on the 'hard-to-service' aspect! New fork/shock design, anyone? ;)

I've gotta say that I really admire Terry Hay, partly because he's very very good at what he does, but mostly because he also says that OEM suspension is actually pretty darn good these days and that most times you don't need aftermarket suspension.

But (and chubb, this is where you should feel better) there's a cross-over point where you will need (want?) something beyond the capabilities of the OEM stuff eventually. Like, approaching 1:40 at the Creek. Don't get me wrong; I put Ktech suspension in my racebike for last year, because I felt I needed suspension that was capable of more than OEM could provide. But I also spent all year pulling it apart and changing the valving - over and over and over and over and..... because it's so hard to get just right.

The rear shock took several spring changes and revalves (initially by Nigel Pitsch, and more recently by me, because the time and dollar cost was becoming very prohibitive). The forks were even harder, and next week I'm testing some significant new changes to see if it's better through turn 1. It's largely the same with other tuners and brands of suspension too - most require a couple of revalves to get new suspension in the ballpark.

Add to this the fact that each day at the track (and sometimes throughout the day) you need to make adjustments to the settings to suit the conditions (temperature, grip level, etc) to make the bike feel good again, and aftermarket suspension is normally a really bad idea for people that are: a. not at the limit of stock stuff; b. not lapping at B-grade pace or faster; and c. not good at bike setup/suspension adjustment. Revalved/resprung and recently serviced OEM will usually feel and work better for many track day riders and new racers.

The exception to this is when you get a bike with aftermarket stuff that's already been fully fettled, and is working properly (ie someone else has gone through the pain of all the setup changes, adjustments and fine tuning). Then it's unreal!

senator8
20-01-2014, 10:54 AM
This is too true Nick. I spent on a brand that I knew were being used successfully and could get settings for as I was struggling with setting up the bitubo stuff. Then I got talked into custom valving by the suspension guru, who claimed they knew what worked. I then spent months and dollars (tyres,track time) trying to get it sorted. I wasn't until Alex Cudlin rode my bike and said I don't know how you can ride that. Then another racer was having exactly the same issues as myself with the same tuners settings that I became confident enough to think it wasn't me and to bite the bullet and redo it all again. This time with known settings by someone who knows the bike and exactly what works. And what do you know, I drop 3 secs just like that. Just on a side note, my brand new shock out of the box had debris inside. So initial pull down to revalve had some benefit.

dan
20-01-2014, 11:24 AM
All the above is why I'm just sticking to what I have with a freshen up. For me, not worth spending $$ on the pro-stuff till I'm not only hitting the limits of my current suspension but also actively adjusting throughout the day. Don't really need infinitely adjustable stuff till I'm making lots of adjustments and find that something is still missing.

Having said that, I've never ridden a bike properly set up. Only been on the track on my 10 / 14 year old Gsxrs. I'm looking forward to getting a baseline and going from there.

Marshy
20-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Just on a side note, my brand new shock out of the box had debris inside. So initial pull down to revalve had some benefit.

My brand new Ktech rear had NO rebound damping out of the box. Cost me $1k in a wasted track day ($259, wasted brand new rear UK Ntec ($440 and didn't survive 5 laps), and the best taken out of a new UK front ($300). Plus a trip back to Cessnock (another full day off work, 4+ hours in the car, and pulling the bike apart and putting it back together again to remove and replace the rear shock 3 times) to revalve it for the first time (of several). This is on top of the $1.5k purchase price of the shock. I was not happy, but there's no realistic way of recouping costs from manufacturers that clearly have lax quality control and a laissez faire attitude to customer service.

Retailer/tuner: "Well, that's not right! There's no rebound damping at all"
Me: "So there's something wrong with the shock out of the box"
Tuner: "Oh, no, I didn't say that".
Me: "But you said it has no damping, which is why I destroyed a new tyre and ruined a full day at the track"
Tuner: "No, it's just the damping has to be adjusted"
Me: "So there was a problem with it from the factory"
Tuner: "Nope"
Me: "I'm confused. Was there something wrong with it"?
Tuner: "Yes, there was no rebound damping. I checked with the manufacturer and they said that it shouldn't be like that"
Me: "So there was something wrong with it as it came from the manufacturer"
Tuner: "Nope. Nothing wrong with it; it just needed adjustment"

:frusty:

Mr.Ed
20-01-2014, 12:45 PM
I had my rear shock serviced/re-valved and it settled the rear a lot, plenty there for me and I didn't even have to change springs. But then again I wasn't setting the world on fire... mid 45s/46s most of the time. I didn't drop a huge amount of time with the new shock, just over a sec I think. The difference was that before I would do the odd 46 and it took riding a bit out of my comfort zone. After, I'd do the same time or lower, consistently and it felt like I could be pushing more.

Unfortunately I didn't ride much after that... but seeing as Rhino did a heap of 39s on it, including a 39.1, I'll say it works. hahahaha

Btw, all the references above are obviously based on the GP circuit.

Carl-52
21-01-2014, 04:51 PM
After letting the wheels sit for a while with the new paint, i finally got the tires changed over and the new rims on the bike!!!!! 488489490

Stu23
21-01-2014, 04:52 PM
look at that ;) not a bad ride for your 1st track bike :) love it

chubb
21-01-2014, 04:54 PM
motard style I love it!

BoB
21-01-2014, 07:32 PM
After letting the wheels sit for a while with the new paint, i finally got the tires changed over and the new rims on the bike!!

Interesting looking rims , did you run out of paint to finish them off. He he ... only joking I actually like them .

Carl-52
21-01-2014, 07:35 PM
yeh!! im going to have to get used to that one!!

Marty
22-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Motard inspired wheel paint. Don't they do it so you can see when it's locked?

Stu23
22-01-2014, 08:23 AM
he does race dirt track........... but i dont wanna see them locked up at the track ;)

Carl-52
22-01-2014, 02:23 PM
hahaha dont give me ideas...

Mr.Ed
28-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Well, in all fairness if I'm gonna answer the topic's question the answer is "NOTHING" but seeing as I got the pictures of my bike with the new fairings freshly painted I thought this would be a good place to post them instead of creating its own little thread as it doesn't deserve one yet! hahaha

Fairings are just loosely mounted (couple of bolts here and there and that's it) but you get the idea... I have to say, I really liked it!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/xjT7pp-ZRDwWWGY5SbuLzHjw1CHJOM70lCsy0Z4ee70=w1524-h857-no

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/fio_WRb8_h8cGiwR43xppmuPONwU7ouWmYSjRYnje4E=w1524-h857-no

Seeing as there's some paint leftover, he said I can still change it a bit if I didn't like it... Like I said, I really liked it but I was thinking of maybe putting some green into it. Not much more 'cause I don't wanna change the scheme and you have to keep in mind that it still doesn't have the number boards... so I was thinking maybe painting the inside of the ram air/intake thing and 'maybe' the rims but leaving the spokes black. I haven't seen anyone do that on a set of kawi wheels yet and apparently fluoro wheels are very 'in' this season. Not sure if there's enough paint for all that but I might even buy some more 'cause I reckon the wheels would look good at speed!

Feel free to give your opinions as I know you will anyway! hahahaha

chubb
28-01-2014, 01:22 PM
:hat: Looks nicer than the red.. :cool:.

now you just have to be the rider riding it..

Mr.Ed
28-01-2014, 01:28 PM
now you just have to be the rider riding it..

wow... wow... wow... let's not get ahead of ourselves here, right?!

Marshy
28-01-2014, 04:42 PM
wow... wow... wow... let's not get ahead of ourselves here, right?!

C'mon, Mr Baddie... er I mean Ed ;)

Mr.Ed
28-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Pft... I wish I was Baddie. I don't even have a trailer yet...

Little Mick
29-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Looks great Ed! Love the scheme and go wheel would kill it!. Sweet as mate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

johnnyb
30-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Had to shorten my belly pan (rear tyre would expand and touch) and make a fiberglass mould to make a cavity in the belly pan to clear my exhaust (exhaust burnt a hole in my belly pan)......

Couple of notes:
1. I hate fibre glassing!!!!!!
2. If you need to shorten your belly pan just remember its like cutting the middle from a take away coffee cup and trying to re-aligning the two halves......they dont! You can make it work but its a pain.
3. Large plastic spoon from the $2 shop makes a great fibre glass mould.
4. Work out you have to modify your fairing before you paint them.
4. I hate Fibre glassing!!

Mr.Ed
30-01-2014, 11:06 AM
It looked pretty good in the end... just needs a lick of paint now! Questions though... what tire are you running? And wouldn't it be easier to just add a or 2 link to the chain?

Phat3R
30-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Had to shorten my belly pan (rear tyre would expand and touch) and make a fiberglass mould to make a cavity in the belly pan to clear my exhaust (exhaust burnt a hole in my belly pan)......

Couple of notes:
1. I hate fibre glassing!!!!!!
2. If you need to shorten your belly pan just remember its like cutting the middle from a take away coffee cup and trying to re-aligning the two halves......they dont! You can make it work but its a pain.
3. Large plastic spoon from the $2 shop makes a great fibre glass mould.
4. Work out you have to modify your fairing before you paint them.
4. I hate Fibre glassing!!

Looks good John! That shortening was always going to be tricky. And it looks like those SC0's you've got are now going to be perfect! :-)

johnnyb
30-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Running Pirelli Super bike sc2.....

I totally agree it would be easier to add a couple of links. I bought the bike with the current chain (and chain length). I called several bike work shops to see if they had a box of chain off cuts I could look through. Most shops just throw them away. Found a couple who let me look through their stash but could not find the correct chain (i.e. brand and chain model), and I'm not that comfortable adding 2 joining links to the chain. The only other option was to buy a new chain but the current one is still good so I didn't want to replace it.

It looked pretty good in the end... just needs a lick of paint now! Questions though... what tire are you running? And wouldn't it be easier to just add a or 2 link to the chain?

johnnyb
30-01-2014, 11:24 AM
SC0's and plenty of them ;-)

Looks good John! That shortening was always going to be tricky. And it looks like those SC0's you've got are now going to be perfect! :-)

senator8
30-01-2014, 12:38 PM
If you guys want some chain I've got plenty of good spares. Nothing wrong with two properly press fitted master links.
John, as you get faster on the big girl you'll want to give a bit more wheelbase in the future. Good luck this weekend.

Stu23
30-01-2014, 01:16 PM
ill bring my chain riviter 'spelling ' if you need it just holler

johnnyb
30-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Now you tell me!!! ;-)

Yes Ideally I would love to add as much length as I can to try and keep the front down. I thinking the previous owner tried to shorten the wheel base as much as they could to try and make it turn in better (without having to change the triples).

You wouldn't happen to have a couple of links of a Regina 525 chain would you?

thanks for the encouragement...will give you an update after I get through the weekend.

If you guys want some chain I've got plenty of good spares. Nothing wrong with two properly press fitted master links.
John, as you get faster on the big girl you'll want to give a bit more wheelbase in the future. Good luck this weekend.

johnnyb
30-01-2014, 01:25 PM
ill bring my chain riviter 'spelling ' if you need it just holler

Hey Stu....once I find a some suitable links I will let you know.

cheers

Saturnalian
30-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Well, in all fairness if I'm gonna answer the topic's question the answer is "NOTHING" but seeing as I got the pictures of my bike with the new fairings freshly painted I thought this would be a good place to post them instead of creating its own little thread as it doesn't deserve one yet! hahaha

Fairings are just loosely mounted (couple of bolts here and there and that's it) but you get the idea... I have to say, I really liked it!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/xjT7pp-ZRDwWWGY5SbuLzHjw1CHJOM70lCsy0Z4ee70=w1524-h857-no

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/fio_WRb8_h8cGiwR43xppmuPONwU7ouWmYSjRYnje4E=w1524-h857-no

Seeing as there's some paint leftover, he said I can still change it a bit if I didn't like it... Like I said, I really liked it but I was thinking of maybe putting some green into it. Not much more 'cause I don't wanna change the scheme and you have to keep in mind that it still doesn't have the number boards... so I was thinking maybe painting the inside of the ram air/intake thing and 'maybe' the rims but leaving the spokes black. I haven't seen anyone do that on a set of kawi wheels yet and apparently fluoro wheels are very 'in' this season. Not sure if there's enough paint for all that but I might even buy some more 'cause I reckon the wheels would look good at speed!

Feel free to give your opinions as I know you will anyway! hahahaha

Awesome Paint job Ed. How did you get the colour to match so well between the rims and the trainer wheels ?!

Marshy
30-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Awesome Paint job Ed. How did you get the colour to match so well between the rims and the trainer wheels ?!

:pound: :pound: :rofl: :rofl:

Mr.Ed
30-01-2014, 11:37 PM
I was actually expecting something like that but thought ppl would comment on the table or the barbie... hahahaha

Phat3R
31-01-2014, 05:40 PM

White wheels too ... :)

Tristan
06-02-2014, 11:40 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/06/e4y3esat.jpg
Just my weekend activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nelso
06-02-2014, 11:55 PM
We turned our backyard into concrete.:bounce:

Little Mick
07-02-2014, 07:46 AM
So when can I store my bikes there?? ;)

Marshy
07-02-2014, 09:58 AM

Ooooh oooh oooh!!! That's not concrete, that's a GARAGE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :clap: :llama: :hail: :rockon:

Marty
17-02-2014, 07:54 AM
I've been overhauling my trailer. It started out as your standard 3 rail dirt bike trailer, I've cut it all up and put a checker plate deck, toolbox, 2x wheel chocks, tie down rails to I can run tyre downs.

It was all weathered and starting to rust. This weekend I primed it with rust paint and painted it with hammertone grey.

It's almost complete, just waiting on the tie down rails to arrive this week.

Marshy
17-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Nice mate!! Looks like new.

dan
17-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Yeah nice work mate!

chubb
17-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Did you blast off all the old paint??

And rust??

Marty
18-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Did you blast off all the old paint??

And rust??

There was virtually no paint left lol. Used a flapper disc to clean up anything nasty which there wasn't much of. Then cleaned it with metal prep spray, 2 coats of brush on POR-15, then 2 coats of rattle can hammertone.

I've had a fair bit of experience with that POR15 stuff back in my muscle car days it's magic

Marty
18-02-2014, 07:45 AM

This is how the POR15 looks brushed on.

Negrogrande
17-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Finished putting humpy dumpty together, in future I need to use better masking tape, but will pass 20/20
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/eza2yda5.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/y8e5y2a2.jpg

Phat3R
17-05-2014, 04:48 PM

Any updates Neslo???

Phat3R
17-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Finished putting humpy dumpty together, in future I need to use better masking tape, but will pass 20/20
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/eza2yda5.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/y8e5y2a2.jpg

Humpty lookz pretty good ... ;-)

Negrogrande
17-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Humpty lookz pretty good ... ;-)

Good from far…

Mazabuzz
17-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Good from far…

But far from Good

chubb
17-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Haha I don't see your bike anywhere Mazabuzz

Little Mick
17-05-2014, 07:38 PM
New home for the toolz n toyz

Phat3R
17-05-2014, 08:26 PM
WOW ... they are massive ... tools in one and toys in the other???

Little Mick
17-05-2014, 08:40 PM
WOW ... they are massive ... tools in one and toys in the other???

probably a combination of both Rick. Once the workshop is set up, will be a treat...

A little less cramped than this one....

in the Picton district so much closer to both tracks as well.

KANGA
17-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Are those Michelin power cups Mick? I've not met anyone whose run Michelin's before .. then again I haven't met that many people lol Interested in how they go.

Phat3R
17-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Very nice Mick! You'll have to post up some pics when you get the new workshop setup. Interesting to see how you use the acres of space! ;-)

Little Mick
17-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Are those Michelin power cups Mick? I've not met anyone whose run Michelin's before .. then again I haven't met that many people lol Interested in how they go.

They are mick. I grabbed a couple as a back up last year. I only used one for half a day trying to sort some stuff out. I didnt really give it a chance as my head was elsewhere. I have a brand new one there if you are interested.

Little Mick
17-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Very nice Mick! You'll have to post up some pics when you get the new workshop setup. Interesting to see how you use the acres of space! ;-)

Will do rick. All in the timing 😎

Mazabuzz
17-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Haha I don't see your bike anywhere Mazabuzz

I'll post some picks tomorrow of its current state

Nelso
17-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Any updates Neslo???

Yep.

Phat3R
17-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Wow ... nice ... there looks like there is room in there to swing a couple of cats ... ;)

Mr.Ed
17-05-2014, 11:48 PM
New home for the toolz n toyz

Now that's A LOT of space for a Little Mick!

Ps: 'Breaking Bad' ideas cropped up in my mind :eyebrows:

Little Mick
18-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Yep.

Looks awesome Nelso. Weights or bikes?

Little Mick
18-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Now that's A LOT of space for a Little Mick!

Ps: 'Breaking Bad' ideas cropped up in my mind :eyebrows:

Now that's just Crazy Talk!!!

Marshy
18-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Yep.

Wow!!! I am soooo jelly right now! Nice mate, that looks fantastic!!

Phat3R
18-05-2014, 10:54 AM
It must be shed building season in the Gong ... ???

KANGA
18-05-2014, 11:06 AM
They are mick. I grabbed a couple as a back up last year. I only used one for half a day trying to sort some stuff out. I didnt really give it a chance as my head was elsewhere. I have a brand new one there if you are interested.

I wish I could justify it but I already have an eclectic mix of bridgestones, dunlops, pirellis and metzlers to get through first lol

Nelso
19-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Looks awesome Nelso. Weights or bikes?

After changing our minds a few times we have decided on weights and bike parking in the shed and setting up the workshop in the double garage. I have just finished laying all the rubber flooring and moving all of the gym gear into the shed, so once I bolt the equipment down it is ready to go. The shed is 10.5 x 6m so it fits the gym and 10 bikes in nicely. It's also going to be awesome to have a whole double garage just for workshop space.:thumb:

So what about your situation? When is the big move happening?

Little Mick
20-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Move in progress... Keys obtained last Friday..will transition everthing over the next couple of months....
Im now a country resident and starting to set things up to function more effectively ;)

Leezx10r
18-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Techspec tank pads
43t sprocket
k-tech 35dds pro
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/18/6ygu2ahu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/18/mu9ypy9a.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/18/3ypequza.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/18/epe6a2et.jpg

chubb
18-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Fancy. Nice work.

Carl-52
19-10-2014, 04:16 PM

What i did today... new race seat!!!!! room to fit my too tallishness now... Thanks Marshy for the fairings! oh and mowed a shitload of grass............ :rockon:

chubb
19-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Now you just got to deny the old man a position in front of you

Marshy
19-10-2014, 07:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/18/epe6a2et.jpg

I've gotta say that the Ktech 35DDS in my Champ bike is still the bestest rear shock I've ever used. It took three rebuilds to get the valving right (it left the factory with almost rebound damping, which was very unusual), and three spring changes, but once sorted it was unbeatable.

Marshy
19-10-2014, 07:47 PM

What i did today... new race seat!!!!! room to fit my too tallishness now... Thanks Marshy for the fairings! oh and mowed a shitload of grass............ :rockon:

Looks unreal mate!!! :thumb:

Leezx10r
19-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I've gotta say that the Ktech 35DDS in my Champ bike is still the bestest rear shock I've ever used. It took three rebuilds to get the valving right (it left the factory with almost rebound damping, which was very unusual), and three spring changes, but once sorted it was unbeatable.

Let's hope I don't have all the problems you had mate with no rebound out the box! But I have heard good stuff about the ktech gear

chubb
19-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Just a plug to say I love Mupo.

Gonna test & tune the GP carts a bit more in preparation for the last round.

Kris
20-10-2014, 07:27 AM
Fitted up WSBK Radiator,Dash, EVO3 and WSBK Wiring loom/engine loom ;)

Leezx10r
20-10-2014, 08:19 AM
That radiator is a work of art!

chubb
20-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Fitted up WSBK Radiator,Dash, EVO3 and WSBK Wiring loom/engine loom ;)

looks awesome!!

Marshy
20-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Nice!!!!

Mstevo
21-10-2014, 07:22 AM
The sweet sound as your bike roars back into life after some open heart surgery :-)
and just in time for a WP ride day this Friday

chubb
21-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Day off today Stevo???

Mstevo
21-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Day off today Stevo???

Friday...yes

Leezx10r
23-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Ktech 35dds pro fitted with new spring
Geometry dialled
Fork oil changed
Just need to work on the riding part now :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/23/qazytetu.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/23/y5ugu7yj.jpg

Marshy
23-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Beautiful!!! :thumb:

Negrogrande
23-10-2014, 08:44 PM
New brakes
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/f83aee49915a42dcdbb7f5e1cfc0253c.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/38b9c6bb8407cd4f28c8ac18864f765a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/b9d6369a437ff71cb395180284fa5f9b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/8e18b787278cb64d1b7f093865941b65.jpg

chubb
23-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Nice with the R6 calipers

Leezx10r
23-10-2014, 09:02 PM
New brakes
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/f83aee49915a42dcdbb7f5e1cfc0253c.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/38b9c6bb8407cd4f28c8ac18864f765a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/b9d6369a437ff71cb395180284fa5f9b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/8e18b787278cb64d1b7f093865941b65.jpg

Good job :)

Marshy
23-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Do yourself a favour and get some Vesrah SRJL pads to go with those awesome R6 calipers..... :peace:

Mr.Ed
24-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Do yourself a favour and get some Vesrah SRJL pads to go with those awesome R6 calipers..... :peace:

This!! But congrats on new brakes regardless... much neglected area in a lot of bikes I've seen.

Metal-Man
24-10-2014, 06:05 PM

$$?? please .. an u supply em too marshy eh?

Marshy
24-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Nope. Kurveygirl for the win. Cheaper than STG for R6 ones (and Aprilia too). I just ordered some this morning, by coincidence.

Marshy
24-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Oh, and they were US$175 a set for the R6. Get the SRJL17 for the R6 (they will last forever regardless), but the XX compound for the Ape.

Metal-Man
24-10-2014, 06:43 PM
put these on ... designed by shippy ... made by RTscreenprint aka Rob Lloyd @ sevo :)

Marshy
24-10-2014, 07:03 PM
put these on ... designed by shippy ... made by RTscreenprint aka Rob Lloyd @ sevo :)

That's fricken unreal!!!

I need some stickers done. I will have to give Rob a call.

Phat3R
24-10-2014, 08:17 PM

Noice!

Baddie
24-10-2014, 09:23 PM
That's fricken unreal!!!

Not sure on Robs pricing but DrippinWet decals do them for many AMA riders.

www.drippinwet.com

Metal-Man
25-10-2014, 10:53 AM
That's fricken unreal!!!

if u do, they'll definitely be cheaper cause he does them on the side ;)

Rob Lloyd
Managing Director
RT Screen Printing & Graphics Pty Ltd
Unit 7, 20 Tucks Rd Seven Hills NSW 2147
Ph / Fax 9838 0322
0419 481 063
www.print1.com.au

Saturnalian
25-10-2014, 07:03 PM
New brakes

They came up a treat didn't they. I was very happy with that refurb.
You'll love the difference on track. Hows the fit ?

shippy__
26-10-2014, 07:56 AM
Not sure on Robs pricing but DrippinWet decals do them for many AMA riders.

www.drippinwet.com

I made it for nothing for cam..... I a sure that's a better price than drippinwet..... Rob just printed them

Linden
26-10-2014, 12:40 PM
I made it for nothing for cam..... I a sure that's a better price than drippinwet..... Rob just printed them

So where does the queue start for everybody else ... maybe there is a slab or two in it for you ...

Linden - SillyYakApp.COM

Metal-Man
26-10-2014, 06:50 PM
took old tyres off bike, an was gunna replace them with new ones ... then I realised i still havent got new ones yet ... doubt I can afford newies ... anyone got some brdgestone V01 lyin about?? or dunlop KR106 an 108's???

chubb
26-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Sent you a message big boy

senator8
30-10-2014, 03:13 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/29/e03be06da0795aba7bbe5cdb8e8c91f5.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/29/7f9d2c07b8135e4c80dd9384ca407595.jpg

CLIFFY
30-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Does it hit the fairing Rick?

senator8
30-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Does it hit the fairing Rick?

Nope, plenty of room. I can't use the straight ones due to how I grip the bar

BoB
30-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Very nice..

CLIFFY
30-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Nope, plenty of room. I can't use the straight ones due to how I grip the bar

I know what you mean.
$?

senator8
30-10-2014, 05:42 PM
I know what you mean.
$?

Not cheap - 200ish. It's a work of art though and weighs nothing. It's a ducabike (Ducati) part, but the sticker is removable. I got it from Dom at Protech Port Macquarie.

Baddie
30-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Nice..

CLIFFY
30-10-2014, 06:10 PM
That's not too bad. The cheap shit ones on mine were $70 odd anyway.

Marshy
30-10-2014, 06:26 PM
$59 a pair from SS: http://superbikesource.com.au/products/ProGuard-brake-and-clutch-lever-guards.html

Use the second one on another bike ;)

http://superbikesource.com.au/product_images/b/864/pro-guard1__26273_zoom.jpg

senator8
30-10-2014, 09:51 PM
I'd be onto these Nick. Great price, I just can't ride with the straight ones. Wish I could

Carl-52
31-10-2014, 04:17 PM
soooooooo much carbon on your bike senator8!!!!!!! i wouldn't be able to move it off the stand, let alone race the thing...

Saturnalian
31-10-2014, 08:55 PM
soooooooo much carbon on your bike senator8!!!!!!! i wouldn't be able to move it off the stand, let alone race the thing...

Neither has He for the last 12 months

chubb
31-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Neither has He for the last 12 months

Boom tish!

Little Mick
31-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Frothy milk

Saturnalian
01-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Finally repaired this properly.....
turned out a lot more solid than original with double bonded CF sheets....

Finally repaired this properly......
New Ti canister to replace the shattered CF one. Repacked by Mundy at Foran exhausts for less than the cost of the Akra part only.

Rebuilt this thing from scratch, now with proper rubber washer....

Installed this piece of work....

and modified my rear stand to work with my newly fitted GP lifters...

Also fitted one of those brake lever guard thingy's
Let's go racing........

chubb
01-11-2014, 07:30 PM
nice work Jamie...

senator8
02-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Yes, nice work mate.

senator8
02-11-2014, 08:56 PM

I like pretty things

Marshy
03-11-2014, 12:48 AM
I like pretty things

So does Jamie. Nice build!

Baddie
03-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Rape it....Now the waiting game for parts.

Marshy
03-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Rape it....Now the waiting game for parts.

Another greenie!! :thumb: :thumb:

Metal-Man
03-11-2014, 08:37 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/29/7f9d2c07b8135e4c80dd9384ca407595.jpg

u got the exact same vacuum as me lol.
does urs have sticky tape holding the dust chamber on, too? haha

Marshy
05-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Finally fitted a usb port to the current racebike. And sorted out the ignition button. And made a proper mount for the lap timer.

http://tarmactalk.com/images/usb1.jpg

http://tarmactalk.com/images/usb2.jpg

http://tarmactalk.com/images/usb3.jpg

senator8
05-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Nice button :) Source? Excuse the pun

Marshy
05-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Nice button :) Source? Excuse the pun

:rofl:

JayCar. Cheapish, but importantly it seems to hold up to vibration better than the metal ones (which always broke for me after a day or two).

chubb
05-11-2014, 08:09 PM
What's the $$$ for those GPX timers?? Can PM me if you like.

Baddie
06-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Installed Woolich wiring...:thumb:

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r636/Keith_Tongy/2014-11-06141328_zps2255dcd3.jpg (http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/Keith_Tongy/media/2014-11-06141328_zps2255dcd3.jpg.html)

senator8
06-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Last minute check over and fluid changes. Sorry about all the pics. I love this bike ;) Radiator water came out as clear as it went in 18mths ago. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/05/a117b9b1e90bb5dea51ddee87b67303a.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/05/36d0b0a7035134503c3ef0e4f618241b.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/05/e4bcbc5e90c89d84017bb370c92d853c.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/05/e4357d1e268d87e5e88974c5e0007846.jpg

Marshy
06-11-2014, 08:47 PM
What's the $$$ for those GPX timers?? Can PM me if you like.

$430 retail. Heaps less for you chubb. But I'm just waiting on getting one from the States. So none here atm. Sorry. Be a couple of weeks.

Marshy
06-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Last minute check over and fluid changes. Sorry about all the pics. I love this bike ;) Radiator water came out as clear as it went in 18mths ago.

Nice mate! Looks ready :thumb:

senator8
12-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Starting to put the little Retro bike back together with the new engine. Be interesting to see what times I can do on it now with a little more power. I haven't ridden it on the GP circuit for nearly 2 years when I was doing 1:44s back then and I've gotten quite a bit faster?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/12/c08ab8bf52009c81e4187b7854f8f0d6.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/12/a1f86e2692c3d1f152a910a8fe35a84b.jpg

Marshy
13-11-2014, 06:09 AM
Wow, it's clean and shiny!!

Tristan
13-11-2014, 06:09 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/12/e4f3c84708f9f9cd2203910bef04e18b.jpg
I replaced this today on Steves bike for him it was a bit of a pain in the ass but not to bad.

Marshy
13-11-2014, 06:19 PM
What is that?

Tristan
13-11-2014, 06:21 PM
The bottom part of the Airbox [emoji20]

Saturnalian
14-11-2014, 08:31 PM
And how was that a pain in the arse? Tank hinged and then 16 screws. Sounds tough

Little Mick
14-11-2014, 08:40 PM
And how was that a pain in the arse? Tank hinged and then 16 screws. Sounds tough

:peep:

Nelso
14-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Starting to put the little Retro bike back together
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/12/a1f86e2692c3d1f152a910a8fe35a84b.jpg

:eek: Where did you get that fancy fairing bracket?

senator8
14-11-2014, 10:05 PM
:eek: Where did you get that fancy fairing bracket?

You don't want to know about that - it was too much dollars but I had to have it.

Made by motoholders. Had it sent with my BMW fairing stay and subframe.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/14/ab0e6dd1e0a387715c7f196eca8e467b.jpg

This mod saved 2kgs off the side of the bike and a couple of extra horsepower. (Thanks Wetty for insisting)

BoB
25-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Fitted the superbike source hanspree fairings to the cbr then gave them all a filter and oil change .989990991

Leezx10r
25-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Looking good bob.
When you at the track next?

senator8
25-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Fitted the superbike source hanspree fairings to the cbr then gave them all a filter and oil change .989990991

Nice one Honda Boy

BoB
25-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Looking good bob.
When you at the track next?

hoping to be there on the ardc 5th dec if the planets align and the sun shines. Its been way too long since i rode there , maybe even as far back as April.

BoB
25-11-2014, 08:18 PM
hoping to be there on the ardc 5th dec if the planets align and the sun shines. Its been way too long since i rode there , maybe even as far back as April.

Almost as long as Rick.

senator8
25-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Almost as long as Rick.

Almost.........less 6 months ;)
It felt goooooood to get back on

Little Mick
25-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Almost as long as Rick.

Almost.........less 6 months ;)
It felt goooooood to get back on
[emoji86] shut up both of you....[emoji605]

senator8
25-11-2014, 08:32 PM
[emoji86] shut up both of you....[emoji605]

Mick I think you could allow yourself a few restrained laps at a practice day ;)
If I go it's for a shakedown on the old Suzuki

Turbo
25-11-2014, 08:34 PM
:cool:

Looking awesome! :cool:

Little Mick
25-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Soon hopefully but not December as the job just kicked up a gear... using the time wisely to get a few things set up.... Will see what new year brings

Marshy
26-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Awesome-looking fleet, BoB :)

BoB
26-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Awesome-looking fleet, BoB :)

Yes but the hanspree isnt mine anymore , was just helping out a mate by fitting the fairings for him (used to be my spare bike) . The latest one to the fleet is taking some time to get finished , almost there .
Honda 600rr 2010 model never been dropped or in an accident yet was given the stat write off status due to the engine in bits , mint just needed a motor or some pedals .

dan
26-11-2014, 03:43 PM

They look great. Almost makes me want a Honda haha

senator8
26-11-2014, 04:34 PM

Wash your mouth out young man

chubb
26-11-2014, 05:47 PM
You only need wings if you're a little girl ...

Marshy
26-11-2014, 07:24 PM

I used to have a bumper sticker that said: And on the eighth day, God created Hondas, to keep fools off Harleys.

Or this one:

THE EVOLUTION OF THE MOTORCYCLE

On the first day, God created the Heavens, the Earth, and the Great Ocean Road. But He wasn't too happy, His Kingswood would sway on the corners, crawl up the hills, and use heaps of juice.
On the second day, God took a new tack, and created the step through. He enjoyed the wind in His hair (He hadn't created helmets then), it was fun, and used bugger-all petrol, but it still crawled up the hills.
On the third day, God created the Honda Four, and it flew up the hills. With four into ones, it sounded better, it never broke down, but the corners remained a problem. Yet He had tasted power, and craved for more.
Thus, on the fourth day, He added two more cylinders to His Honda, and created adrenaline. His insurance premiums doubled, and it cost a fortune to get the tappets done. He also created fear (His hair turned white), and the cliché "enough is enough".
On the fifth day, God blew a couple of joints, had rap with Willie G., and created the Harley Davidson. He would cruise up and down the hills in top gear, and pick up heaps of babes. He would get off on the note. But the Hog was too heavy, broke down a lot and handled like the Kingswood.
Then, on the sixth day, He made the Bonneville. He would still pick up babes outside the Lorne Pub, and it sounded good. His bike was light, and for the first time, the corners were fun. It handled! God was stoked. But the vibration gave Him a pain in the arse, His kidneys were history, it was a touch gutless and He ran out of juice every 100 miles. He wasn't happy, but shit, He was close.
So finally, on the seventh day, God produced a motorcycle with the speed of a Honda, the torque of a Harley and the handling of a Triumph. He could afford the petrol, tune it Himself, pick up chicks and still blow off Ducatis through the corners.

He called His bike Norton, and He was happy..

senator8
30-11-2014, 02:14 PM
It lives :)
https://vimeo.com/113179981

http://youtu.be/bxpsDzV4zeU

http://youtu.be/NtEjPuqqRHQ

WETTY
30-11-2014, 05:13 PM
hoping to post video before i finish this bottle ;)

Little Mick
30-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Like[emoji106]

WETTY
30-11-2014, 06:51 PM
https://vimeo.com/113187830?utm_source=email&utm_medium=clip-transcode_complete-finished-20120100&utm_campaign=7701&email_id=Y2xpcF90cmFuc2NvZGVkfDUyNDljZTM4MzA2YjViO DAxMzU4NjJlMDI0NjQxNGRhNjU0fDM0OTQ0OTQ4fDE0MTczMzQ 0NDV8NzcwMQ%3D%3D

Little Mick
30-11-2014, 06:51 PM
It says private WEtty... I don't know if that actually sounds safe... you aren't doing a streak in it are you?

WETTY
30-11-2014, 06:57 PM
hang on , new to vimeo solly

Little Mick
30-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Nice one!!! sounds like its ready to rock n roll

Leezx10r
30-11-2014, 07:19 PM
You boys been busy, good job.

WETTY
30-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Nice one!!! sounds like its ready to rock n roll

Lots of cooling probs
Don't store em without coolant lads

Leezx10r
30-11-2014, 07:32 PM

Lots of cooling probs
Don't store em without coolant lads

That don't look good does it!

Looks like someone had a dump in the cooling system.

Little Mick
30-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Assuming you got it sorted before you started her? debuting on Friday still?

WETTY
30-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Assuming you got it sorted before you started her? debuting on Friday still?

oh fuk yeh , pulled all new bits outa stock , lucky i got piles of shite to some gold to others lyin about .

Turbo
01-12-2014, 09:34 AM

Racing gunk! Closely related but not to be confused with speed rust...

Marshy
01-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Racing gunk! Closely related but not to be confused with speed rust...

:rofl:

Negrogrande
01-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Well yesterday…
Finished painting the Brazilian Yamaha
Can never have enough fluoro
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/273dd75a90177a32d8171f34c4b1bc35.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/37ce465ffd0b73cd9f50b2053305fab8.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/adb8038c5046b78858a2e0c75b9e0541.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/984ce8046ae48e06fa791594c5415790.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/6c215da13471e567129fbd45164c9aa4.jpg

Leezx10r
01-12-2014, 08:22 PM
That looks great lawson. Cannot have enough fluoro mate

chubb
02-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Should paint the tank flouro too!

Mr.Ed
02-12-2014, 08:28 AM
and checked for illegal substances...

No, wait!

Turbo
02-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Looks great, mate!
Can't wait to hear how you get on with it.

Marshy
02-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Your painting skills have improved!! Very nice work mate :thumb:

KANGA
02-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Can never have enough fluoro
oh! oh! oh! but when I turn up its "why so much flouro Kanga". Double standards!! :tongue:
Looks awesome mate, good work :thumb:

Leezx10r
02-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Fitted lap-timer

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/b1143ac6d633175034ff20e957299d96.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/01/f9fc0edbee53790a373537a1607c5f1c.jpg

WETTY
02-12-2014, 02:18 PM
shoulda thrown $$$$ at the forks before you got the truth from the lie detector

Leezx10r
02-12-2014, 02:32 PM
shoulda thrown $$$$ at the forks before you got the truth from the lie detector

All in good time Wetty. More k-tech I think :)

Marshy
02-12-2014, 04:56 PM
the truth from the lie detector

:pound:

dan
02-12-2014, 05:58 PM

fuck yeah SRAD!

dan
02-12-2014, 05:59 PM

fuck yeah SRAD!

senator8
02-12-2014, 06:13 PM
fuck yeah SRAD!

That's what I say when I ride it;)
How's your bike progressing?

dan
02-12-2014, 06:30 PM
That's what I say when I ride it;)
How's your bike progressing?

I've had the K3 out on the track twice and it feels nice with the 1000 forks and serviced rear shock. Definitely need to get used to pushing it hard again. I can't believe how I used to toss the thing around haha

It cut out on me on Sept 19 ARDC and to be honest I haven't even had a chance to try sort it out yet. Had to pack and move workshops, uni exams, work, life, etc etc

Hoping to find some time over the next couple of weeks and have it ready for some ARDC days in the new year. I'm evening buying proper ram air ducts for it and will paint the paint blue to match the fairings. Must have been something in the water...

I have just got my SRAD600 registered though and having a blast riding that around. Starting to have naughty thoughts like 750 swingarm and upside down forks though, supersport headers, finally installing that dynojet kit. If only it had a racing class :/

stevem
02-12-2014, 07:23 PM
:pound:

That was pretty funny.

senator8
02-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Come on Dan. Just race it in clubsport. Wayne Maxwell was doing 36's on one in 2000.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/bb0fd5afd387345be1e95e90af94244c.jpg

dan
02-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Come on Dan. Just race it in clubsport. Wayne Maxwell was doing 36's on one in 2000.

I already have the K3 for that. I'm not against that idea though as I am thinking of flogging the K3 at the end of 2015 and buying some a bit more 'modern'. If I convert it at the end of the year I can then race it in clubby and fx retro plus some other retro races down at Hartwell (I think). Wish I could race it in PCRA.

senator8
02-12-2014, 08:16 PM
For you Marshy :)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/601fcc0cdbd44477e1660c13017ac07f.jpg

Marshy
02-12-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm famous!! Thanks Rick :D :D :D

chubb
02-12-2014, 09:16 PM
how far back is this??? god some really old people here still racing.....

dan
02-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Anthony Gobert haha

dan
02-12-2014, 09:50 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/bb0fd5afd387345be1e95e90af94244c.jpg

Just like my one, right????

senator8
02-12-2014, 10:06 PM
how far back is this??? god some really old people here still racing.....

1st two are from 2000

Yeah mate. Exactly the same I tell ya.

Can't forget my mate, since he was riding the tuning fork at the time ;)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/4e15a62d928bb85273181b1d628363d4.jpg

dan
02-12-2014, 10:12 PM
character assassination haha

Saturnalian
02-12-2014, 11:13 PM
1st two are from 2000

Yeah mate. Exactly the same I tell ya.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/02/4e15a62d928bb85273181b1d628363d4.jpg

This ones from 1990 but yeah ?

Mr.Ed
03-12-2014, 12:38 AM

And with an extra corner back then!

dan
03-12-2014, 02:03 PM
And with an extra corner back then!

Now he's just making me look bad :(

I'll have to start collecting some info on specs and go fast goodies!

Mr.Ed
03-12-2014, 02:10 PM
I'd just blame it on greenhouse effect and hole on the ozone layer causing a lack of O2 in the atmosphere thus reducing power...

Turbo
03-12-2014, 03:59 PM
No excuses now Dan!!

dan
03-12-2014, 04:04 PM
No excuses now Dan!!

Oh come on!

Marshy
03-12-2014, 05:41 PM

And with 2000 horsepowers. Damn they were fast!!

Negrogrande
04-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Wired a new fan switch and mounted the lie detector
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/ed5ce72dfe7b8b7f55ef990f4a4c5f59.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/268c84c901177445ee18f1fd3770b163.jpg

Saturnalian
04-12-2014, 06:30 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/ed5ce72dfe7b8b7f55ef990f4a4c5f59.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/268c84c901177445ee18f1fd3770b163.jpg

I wish i'd seen this post earlier. I would've packed the reverse ninja awesome looking dymo roll for you....

dan
04-12-2014, 06:36 PM

Sickkkkkk

chubb
04-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Nice Andrew. Where is the speeding limiter switch???

Negrogrande
04-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Nice Andrew. Where is the speeding limiter switch???

ordered another on/off switch (on the way) and a switchblock turn signal if I figure out how to wire it properly I will use that rather than a 3rd switch
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181517160203?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Turbo
04-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Looking schmick!! Hard wired the lap timer??

dan
04-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Do you use the LHS starter for turboooo brahhhh

WETTY
09-12-2014, 06:52 PM
got some new roundy roundy bits
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/0232Large_zps01e09d35.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/0232Large_zps01e09d35.jpg.html)

Little Mick
09-12-2014, 06:54 PM
[emoji104] [emoji469]

Leezx10r
09-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Very nice

dan
09-12-2014, 06:58 PM
'LIKE'

senator8
09-12-2014, 07:13 PM
got some new roundy roundy bits
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/0232Large_zps01e09d35.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/0232Large_zps01e09d35.jpg.html)

Very nice.
Hey let's weigh those before you put the Tyres on, if you haven't already.

Little Mick
09-12-2014, 07:29 PM
weigh them then a set of tyres.... B)

WETTY
09-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Very nice.
Hey let's weigh those before you put the Tyres on, if you haven't already.

i need some scales
off to see my girl friends at the PO 2moro

Saturnalian
09-12-2014, 07:43 PM
I got these ones. Very handy....
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DIGITAL-POSTAL-SHIPPING-SCALES-PARCEL-POSTAGE-SCALE-BOX-CARTON-WEIGHING-/280821774459?pt=AU_Envelopes_Bags_Boxes&hash=item416248387b

dan
09-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Good thinking!

WETTY
11-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Finally got my DOT 16.5 front tyre this arvo , now she's all done
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/065Large_zpsee04872b.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/065Large_zpsee04872b.jpg.html)
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/067Large_zps7631ce31.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/067Large_zps7631ce31.jpg.html)

Phat3R
11-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Sweet bike!

Baddie
11-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Finally got my DOT 16.5 front tyre this arvo , now she's all done
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/065Large_zpsee04872b.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/065Large_zpsee04872b.jpg.html)
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/067Large_zps7631ce31.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/067Large_zps7631ce31.jpg.html)

The half colored rims...are they a factory thing or a wettness thing?

Marshy
11-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Niiiice!!! And I like how it's an Aprilia..... ;)

WETTY
11-12-2014, 09:22 PM
The half colored rims...are they a factory thing or a wettness thing?
they are available if you want em http://alpina-uk.com/index.php?route=gallery/album&album_id=3
These are from the JSG Factory bikes from 07, very light and tubeless

chubb
12-12-2014, 06:30 AM
I need to get tubeless set. Changed the tyres on the motard last night. Took me twice as long to do it as I never done it with the tube before.

WETTY
12-12-2014, 07:35 AM
I need to get tubeless set. Changed the tyres on the motard last night. Took me twice as long to do it as I never done it with the tube before.

try this dude (Jay) , he has tubeless kits to convert your stock wheel into tubeless , jnjsr@optusnet.com.au

few of us are goin to Marulan on 10th jan on retards

Leezx10r
12-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Very nice, 550 or 450 wetty? Hoons bike from what I have been told

WETTY
12-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Very nice, 550 or 450 wetty? Hoons bike from what I have been told

do you really need to ask?

Leezx10r
12-12-2014, 09:30 AM
do you really need to ask?

450? :) haha

And this is coming from a man who is having to type this with his left hand!
Need my shoulder fixed, got bike parts waiting to be fitted !!!!!

WETTY
12-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh pls
But my RXV is a 450 . The big one is a handful in the bush so I stayed with the little one

James_
12-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Looks great wetty. What sorta gearing is on that, rear sproc looks tiny?

Saturnalian
19-12-2014, 05:41 PM
This should fix that awesome race engine runs to hot problem..... Can't wait to try this out. 26mm core.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/18/3d33c21501058b76fb3435d8aec772de.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/18/867c3c133d9d8c7adbdbab58884182d6.jpg

WETTY
19-12-2014, 06:39 PM
you beat me , but only this time .
now dont ride too fast otherwise we and the rest wont be able to see your bling
now you need to see marshy and grab a roll of gaffa for when it wont heat up enuf in the cooler months ;)

dan
19-12-2014, 06:51 PM
This should fix that awesome race engine runs to hot problem..... Can't wait to try this out. 26mm core. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/18/3d33c21501058b76fb3435d8aec772de.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/18/867c3c133d9d8c7adbdbab58884182d6.jpg

Woah. That's pretty serious!

Saturnalian
19-12-2014, 06:56 PM
you beat me , but only this time .
now dont ride too fast otherwise we and the rest wont be able to see your bling
now you need to see marshy and grab a roll of gaffa for when it wont heat up enuf in the cooler months ;)

I don't think I'm in any danger of riding to fast any time soon.

One of the perks of my job is an endless supply of gaffa tape and cable ties

Leezx10r
19-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Very nice. Love the bling

WETTY
23-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Finally got my Carbon Battery/Undertray finished , wasn't going away till i got it fully sorted

Left is OEM
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/011Large_zpsc40efe17.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/011Large_zpsc40efe17.jpg.html)
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/012Large_zpsc89c1bc8.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/012Large_zpsc89c1bc8.jpg.html)
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/016Large_zpsaf0a9367.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/016Large_zpsaf0a9367.jpg.html)

all the electrical is velcro'd (not just sittin free as a bird) to the tray
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/020Large_zps319a8dea.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/020Large_zps319a8dea.jpg.html)
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/022Large_zps64c87bbe.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/022Large_zps64c87bbe.jpg.html)

all done
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/026Large_zpsda1324ce.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/026Large_zpsda1324ce.jpg.html)
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k431/wet4uracing69/027Large_zpsc8770ad2.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/wet4uracing69/media/027Large_zpsc8770ad2.jpg.html)

dan
23-12-2014, 10:42 AM
v. tidy!

senator8
23-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Finally got my Carbon Battery/Undertray finished , wasn't going away till i got it fully sorted

WTF! You weren't joking :)
Did she leave without you?
Looks good. Now I'll have to do something with mine I've had for over a year

WETTY
23-12-2014, 10:53 AM
WTF! You weren't joking :)
Did she leave without you?
Looks good. Now I'll have to do something with mine I've had for over a year

i just didnt wake her . Snuck out and played spanners

Turbo
23-12-2014, 11:15 AM

That is porn!