PDA

View Full Version : PCRA - MARSHALLS

Lets Torque
22-02-2013, 05:52 AM
Just thought i would post up for my club if anyone is interested... :)

'Dear PCRA members

Some of you are currently racing, some are officials, some are doing other things, and fair enough.

BUT all of you have a passion for racing older bikes. And all of you want to see the PCRA prosper.

Bottom line is we need good marshalls for this to happen. At flagpoints on the track. On grids or pickup. In the tower.

Safe racing, efficient meetings and good administation all need good marshalls.

So, as 2013 Marshalls Coordinator, I am writing to members past and present to ask you to assist, either by becoming a marshall on days you are not racing, or referring others to us - friends, other riders, colleagues, family. We need to invest in training a good number to spread the load, and to enable us to put the best people where they are most needed.

Immediately, we have the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed at Eastern Creek - now Sydney Motorsport Park - on March 15, 16, 17. We'll need upwards of 25 people each day. Some may be free to join us for 2 or 3 days, but many are free only one. So we aim for at least 50 people, allowing for the overlap. More is even better... there is always more to do!

We appreciate some may not have had training, or may feel the need for an update, so we have an induction session 12 - 2pm SATURDAY MARCH 2 at Eastern Creek. Its informal, practical and just happens to coincide with a Formula Xtreme race day. Free but booking essential for free gate pass.

We ask you to consider both the Barry Sheene and the longer term options for involvement on the track: put up your hand for a day or two, pass this on to some mates, publicise it on your forums, ask around.

Marshalls can be PCRA members for free, and are eligible for the 2013 AMCN PCRA Marshalls Awards, with categories of attendance, best call and peer voting. Some of our Marshalls have also gone on to the MotoGP or the Isle of Mann TT, assisted by our recommendation.

We need to fill places fast, so please don't let this go. Act now to ensuregood marshalling continues to enable the PCRA to stay on track!!

The 2013 schedule is here:
http://www.pcra.com.au/files/docs/2013%20PCRA%20Calendar.pdf

How?

Our self - booking form is at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArSi8Y9ZUM4wdG5aZW1ONnlvOWVyb3ZFQnVDN1lBU Xc#gid=0

or reply to this email

or ring me below.

On behalf of your club, many thanks for making it possible for you and others to race into the future!

best
--
David Morrissey
PCRA Marshalls Coordinator 2013