PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha R6 engine build

Metal-Man
21-09-2018, 06:30 PM
As the title says:

Engine build ...

So I took me donkey to Snozz at C&M Motorcycles @ Ingleburn a few weeks before the 5 hr in @ EC
Thought I’d put that airbox on it I got from Jason Wiblin on it an get it dyno’d before the race meet.
Told Snozz I want it dyno’d with that airbox on it an see what number it’d get.
As it was dyno’d there before in 2016 before we went to PI an he found an extra 5 ponies, from 113hp.
So he chucked it on dyno to see what she’s pullin now.
As it turns out it’s lost just over 9hp (I was wondering why I wasn’t pulling away from other 600s on the straight).
Anyway, he said it may have lost compression, or valves aren’t seating properly anymore.

Ok so let’s do a leak down an compression test.

Turns out it has lost over 1/3 (under 90 psi) of its compression in all cyclinders.

Time for a complete rebuild.

Engine is at Wetty’s place (been a few weeks now) ... stripped to her socks an undies.

Parts ordered ... lots of parts!

That is all ...

No pics as yet.

Metal-Man
02-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Donk is finally in
YEC harness in
Fast Frank Front n Rear Quick Change Kits in
Throttle Bodies on ...

Waiting on Race Rad to arrive, then I can complete the build and fire her up for the first time ;-)

Metal-Man
02-03-2019, 11:28 PM

Ruckos87
03-03-2019, 02:40 PM
Great work, when’s the test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metal-Man
03-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Great work, when’s the test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dunno yet! ... the joys of being an interstate truckie, only home one or 2 nights a week
(it's a sllooowwww project build to get her back on track)

Phat3R
17-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Nice!

What year is the bike?
What'd ya do wiv de fans when you put in the YEC? (Separate power / relay ... or just remove them?)
What'd ya do re the Neutral light? (Just live without it, or wire it in somehow?)
What was the compression when Wetty finished the rebuild?

Looking forward to seeing the dyno pull results. :photo: