PDA

View Full Version : Pin lock Visor

stevem
02-07-2017, 08:49 PM
What are the benefits of the pin lock ? Is it like double glazing to stop it steaming up ? Any other benefits? Who is using them and any disadvantages with sight and so on?

zoidberg
03-07-2017, 06:06 AM
I've got one in my Shoei Steve, it's amazing. No fog at all. Had a horrible time with it in wakey last winter when it wasn't adjusted correctly. If you don't have them tightened properly, they become a nightmare as your visor ends up fogging between the two layers and not even cracking it open clears it. Get it right and they just work. I have no idea if it's the same for all brands of helmet though? Just my experience with the Shoei one.

Wolfie57
03-07-2017, 11:31 AM
Pinlocks are great, I've used them over the years especially in the UK and they work really well. My Shark doesn't have one so I use Bob Heath anti-fog spray and thats pretty good. The other option is stop breathing so hard!

Ruckos87
03-07-2017, 12:13 PM
I use catcrap and cable ties to keep the visor slightly open, and it still doesn't work properly. I think pin Lock on my next lid for sure.
So if it's a dual visor arrangement I'd assume you get both (inner and outer) with a tinted screen?

Although fogging wouldn't usually be an issue, when a tinted screen was required???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfie57
03-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Nah you only use them in the wet (or very cold) so always with a clear visor (although you can get tinted ones). They are easy to fit and you just need to make sure the silicon seal is flush with the visor otherwise it won't work properly. I have one for my Katubo which I only use when wet but used to use them with Arai's as well. I think FogCity make them as well. Your other option is a Foggy mask, http://respro.com/store/product/foggy-mask I used to use these in the UK but haven't bothered over here.

zoidberg
03-07-2017, 05:19 PM
I use my pinlock ALL THE TIME. Sometimes my tears of fear would cause the visor to fog otherwise. And the sobbing, if I'm being honest.

Turbo
03-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Yep, +1 for pinlock. EVERY Shoei in the UK comes with pinlock as standard. They're amazing for rain fog and cold weather breath.
Heaps better than fog-ex or zip ties round the chin piece.
As Wolfie says, you can get tinted ones but you can swap them around visors too. I have a clear one that normally stays on my rain helmet and goes on the dry one, if it's cold. :thumb: