PDA

View Full Version : Race/track bike classifieds?

Jashdown
03-07-2016, 12:29 PM
I haven't bought a race bike in about four years, so I'm just wondering where people find bikes these days. On the FX website, their classifieds is now called bikehaggle, but it is completely out of date. I called a dozen different sellers on there, and all but two of them said their bikes are long gone. So naturally, it gets quite frustrating contacting all these sellers just to find out the website never gets updated and the bikes been sold.

Is there another website people list their bikes on? Are there Facebook pages? I'm seriously looking for a new bike, but have got no idea where to start, so any help is appreciated.

Ruckos87
03-07-2016, 01:28 PM
I've found face books the best these Days

Track junkies sales has the most members
Theres Sydney based ones as well
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/2b8a54a7fcbaa6f5ee4c1cb4f0e86d6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy
03-07-2016, 01:43 PM
Wot he said. 'Track Junkies Sales', and 'Aus Track Riders Buy Swap & Sell' covers just about everything.

Jashdown
03-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Ahh legends! I looked for a few Facebook pages for a while but couldn't find many. Just requested to join most of those ones.

Jashdown
03-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Also, on the topic of buying bikes, anyone had much luck getting a fairly decent bike off manheim? I was interested in an 06 R6 last friday, stat write off and being held 5km from my house, but it ended up going $2800. Is this a normal price for a 10 year old bike that can't be registered and is damaged?

Turbo
03-07-2016, 02:46 PM
The best value for money is buying a bike already done.
Especially at that price bracket, there's not much meat left on the bone to get it up to track spec from a crash.
If it's a project you're after, you can be thrifty and wait for the right parts to come up and space it out over a while.

Jashdown
03-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Yeah that's what I figured. I'd love to have something to tinker around with, but I don't want to spend anything more than 1.5k for a written off bike with no kit for the track. Looking at another $5k bare minimum to get it going for the track, just for the basics.

The downside to buying a bike ready to go is that there aren't many around in NSW, and getting one from interstate just isn't feasible most of the time.

Row
04-07-2016, 05:44 PM
I got mine from Gumtree. Was watching eBay for awhile there as well.