PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Wet Track Tyres + GSXR K3 600 wheels

dan
22-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone, just found this site last night. My name is Dan and I ride a k3 600 out at the track and hope to race for the first time at the November St George event in the Clubsport category. I saw a few threads on similar bikes here so would be nice to meet some other guys involved. I'll do a proper intro post once I get some good photos of my bike.

Right now I'm looking for a set of wets for my track K3 600.

Front tyre size 120/70 x 17
Rear tyre size 180/55 x 17

If anyone has a set they are looking to get rid of or can point me in the direction of a business that sells second-hand-but-not-knackered wet tyres that would be most appreciated!

Also, wouldn't mind getting a spare set of wheels to permanently leave them on. Got two days booked at EC next week and thought a little insurance might be a good idea!

Cheers!

Marshy
22-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Hey Dan :welcome:

Clubsport is awesome, and there are a bunch of members on here (including me) that run in clubsport 600s. If you need any advice on going racing, just let us know, as everyone's always keen to share their knowledge and experience. Be warned - racing is even more addictive than track days ;)

I think I've got some good used wets. Lemme check the garage.

dan
22-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I saw your build thread for your R6 and suddenly felt very inferior on my bog standard k3!

I started track riding this year and have become completely obsessed. Definitely jeopardised my uni exams skipping the library to work on my bike!

I still have a lot to learn and have no pretensions about setting the world on fire but I can not wait to line up for a race. It's something I've wanted to do ever since I was a kid pretending I was Wayne Gardiner making 500cc GP noises on my BMX and I decided this year to just go for it.

The category seems great and I'm looking forward to being a part of it! No doubt I will have heaps of questions so thanks for the offer of advice.

Cheers

Negrogrande
23-06-2013, 01:34 AM
I think I've got some good used wets. Lemme check the garage.

can you bring any spares out on Thursday? I will take em off your hands if it rains (sorry for the thread jack)EC days that rained