PDA

View Full Version : Barry Sheene Festival of Speed

Lets Torque
15-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Pretty big event coming up this weekend- www.barrysheene.com.au

It showcases riders from bygone eras and the machines on which they honed their skills, with special guests for 2016 including:

– ‘Fast’ Freddie Spencer (1983 500cc, 1985 250cc & 500cc World Champion)

– Kevin Schwantz (1993 500cc World Champion)

– Chris Vermeulen (2003 World Supersport Champion & MotoGP Rider)

– Steve Parrish (500GP Rider & Factory Team Manager 1987 – 1991)

– Kork Ballington (1978 & 1979 250cc & 350cc World Champion)

– Graeme Crosby (500cc GP Rider and TT Formula One Winner)

– Jeremy McWilliams (MotoGP Rider)

– Kevin Magee (500cc GP Rider)

– Maria Costello (Isle of Man TT Racer)
In addition to racing there is always an array of off track entertainment including Trade and Club Stands, Show & Shine Competition, Spectator Parade Laps and this year the revival of the ever popular Swap Meet. In fact everything the motorcycle enthusiast could wish for in one place.

The Barry Sheene Festival of Speed is promoted by the PCRA (Post Classic Racing Association) of NSW.
festival-image

come and say gday

Bretto no95

Marshy
15-03-2016, 10:11 PM
I've gotta say that, whilst I'm not fascinated with old bikes as such, the BSFoS should be required attending for any current promoter, as it's the shining light example of how to conduct a race meeting. I dunno how the on-track stuff goes (too many classes, maybe?), but the sheer off-track entertainment value of all the stalls, displays, stands and bikes is worth the visit alone. It's packed with things to do and see without needing to go anywhere near the racetrack. Highly recommended.

jaswib
16-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Yep i will be heading out on Saturday to have a looksy.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Kris
18-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Id love to race one of those old bikes!! I used to live next door to Marcus De Caux, didnt even know it until I saw the TZs and various bits and pieces in his garage ;)

Dunno
19-03-2016, 06:45 PM
I've not missed a BSFOS for a few years however this weekend I just can't make it happen.

I'd pay the entry fee to see, hear and smell the Schwantz RGV500 alone!

I love the old 2 strokes.

Throw in a few Green Meanies and Fast Freddie on the Honda, I'm bummed I can't be there.

Have a good weekend Bretto.

Nelso
21-03-2016, 07:11 PM
It was an absolutely awesome event. It's heaps of fun riding old shitters at there limit!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sbL9I3OXT0

https://youtu.be/HwGPAJHo9lo