PDA

View Full Version : St George Race EC - Sat 6th, Sun 7th

Scotchy10
30-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Hey boys,

I'm doing St George next weekend and have a question around race numbers;

- How strict are they on number Number size, Font and backing colour? Will they not allow you out if its not 100% according the MA?

- Does anyone know a place that can make up the race numbers on the correct backing so it fits perfectly on the fairing or screen?

Cheers

chicken16
30-01-2016, 11:47 AM
From my experience they're pretty flexible. Colour doesn't seem to matter as I've had a few different coloured numbers in different fonts which has been no issue. As long as the numbers can be read from the tower whe you're coming down the straight it should be fine. It's a club round, not a televised national event so near enough with size has always been good enough.

Linden
30-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Hey boys,

I'm doing St George next weekend and have a question around race numbers;

- How strict are they on number Number size, Font and backing colour? Will they not allow you out if its not 100% according the MA?

- Does anyone know a place that can make up the race numbers on the correct backing so it fits perfectly on the fairing or screen?

Cheers

In the final instructions

2.4 Motor Cycle No’s. The rule for this meeting is that numbers must be clearly readable at 235kmh, front numbers
if number plate area is not flat must be placed towards the Riders left on the North & GP Circuit, and riders
Right for the South Circuit (when seated on motor cycle) of the front fairing. Numbers will be checked at
Scrutineering & any number deemed not to comply with rule will need to be fixed before being passed at

BTW I've use duct tape in the past with no issues - but easy when your number is 7

Scotchy10
30-01-2016, 05:19 PM
ok great information, thanks to both.

Cheers

Scotty

zoidberg
30-01-2016, 09:38 PM
I was freaking out about this and went to the trouble of getting the correct coloured number board and big numbers, got to the meeting and saw different sizes, ie; way smaller, no number boards, no colours, just numbers jammed on here and there.

I wouldn't worry about it too much!