PDA

View Full Version : Compliance plate - clubbie

fitzy
22-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Hey fellas, I picked up a 2010 r6 from Michael blair but it's missing a compliance plate as it was his Asian bike.

I know I am ment to have one for clubbie but could I just use the Vin numbers last digits ? Or anyone know any place that could bash me one up please.

Want to get this sorted before Round 1 .. hate to get pushed back at scruitneering.

And yep I've flicked st george an email.. awaiting a reply.

Cheers Fitzy

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Marshy
22-01-2016, 04:00 PM
They year model is always the 10th digit in the VIN, so in theory it's ok. In practice St George have been dicks about it in the past, so get confirmation from them. You can't get a compliance plate manufactured after the fact (that I know of).

fitzy
22-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Cheers marshy :) I spoke to Steve club preso and he said he will try run the Vin on the yamaha www. And go thay way and match the Vin. Told me that the compliance plate he reckoned had nothing to do with the year. Fingers crossed it comes up. I did find some info on a Vin site that shows bike is a 2011 r6 so hopefully that's good enough.

Metal-Man
22-01-2016, 06:37 PM
go to the wreckers an get one lol

fitzy
22-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Might take yours .. I mean lend haha

Metal-Man
22-01-2016, 06:51 PM
good idea lmao

Marshy
22-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Cheers marshy :) I spoke to Steve club preso and he said he will try run the Vin on the yamaha www. And go thay way and match the Vin. Told me that the compliance plate he reckoned had nothing to do with the year. Fingers crossed it comes up. I did find some info on a Vin site that shows bike is a 2011 r6 so hopefully that's good enough.

I've had this argument with Steve before, and seeing as he owns a bike shop, you'd think he'd get it. The tenth digit of every VIN of every vehicle, car and motorcycle, worldwide, gives the MODEL YEAR. It's not rocket surgery. Saves all that crap with bikes that are 12/10 being eligible (I'm looking at you Binksy - but don't worry, I did the same thing on a 12/07-plated 2008 R6 in 2012), when they are 2011 models and didn't really come out in large numbers until 2011.

Ref:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_identification_number#Model_year_encoding

chubb
22-01-2016, 09:10 PM
It's easier to read a compliance plate that can be forged. Didn't you know Marshy...

Marshy
22-01-2016, 10:17 PM
It's easier to read a compliance plate that can be forged. Didn't you know Marshy...

Oh yeah, that's right. It's less fair too. Forgot about that one too; silly me.

Pato
22-01-2016, 10:22 PM
I have an unlimited clubsport that has no compliance plate. When st George started cracking down on bikes with no compliance plate they told me at scrutenering to give the vin number to Jan and she would organize a check. They still allowed me to race on the proviso that I would be disqualified if there bike wasn't legit. As it was everything worked out ok. St George keep that information so that I shouldn't have further issues.
I also contacted MA Australia about fronting up to other series with no compliance plate. They said what I should do is supply MA with all the details of the bike eg VIN, pictures and I think they wanted a stat declaration to say the Vin was legitimately missing. They would then check and then issue a letter for you to carry around indicating what the bike was.

fitzy
23-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Thanks Pato that's great to know mate... might need to head down the same path.

fitzy
25-01-2016, 10:24 AM
So have got confirmation bike is 2011 from yamaha Vin search. But now Steve has emailed me saying can't race clubbie cause of 2011?? Worse case geuss I'll go 600cc and go from there.

Marshy
25-01-2016, 10:36 AM
So have got confirmation bike is 2011 from yamaha Vin search. But now Steve has emailed me saying can't race clubbie cause of 2011?? Worse case geuss I'll go 600cc and go from there.

Yeah, the clubsport rules are more than 5 years old. So it'd need to be 2010. The problem for you is that it might well have been a 2010-plated MY11. But there's nothing you can do about that.

fitzy
25-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Shittttttt...i beleive your right thanks Nick!