PDA

View Full Version : PCRA 2015

Nelso
19-01-2016, 02:21 PM
It's been a great year of racing with PCRA in 2015. I won the Club Championships in Period 5 350 and 500 on the RD350LC, got a third place in Premodern F1, even though I didn't race the last round because I sold my GSXR (looking back, I would have most likely won this class too if I had kept the bike and raced it in the last round); had 9 class wins and 2 second places at club rounds, won a One Hour Endurance race on the LC and a scored second place at the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed against a heap of TZs and other faster machinery. Due to these results I also was given the Superman award at the PCRA presentation night. Going into my first full year racing PCRA, my aim was to just have fun, so I am pleasantly surprised with these results.

I'd like to acknowledge the work of a few people that helped me set my bikes up to a level which allowed an oversized punter like myself to do as well as I have. Al Samuels at Race Dynamics for the exceptional work setting up the suspension on my Premodern GSXR. Glenn Allerton at Glen Allerton Suspension Development for doing such an awesome job setting up the suspension on the RD350LC. Mick Camilleri at Crafted Performance for the very trick custom set of triple clamps and machining on the rear brake hanger and wheel spacers on the LC. Tom Harrison from Harrison's Automotive for building me such a reliable and well put together engine in the LC; and Dominic De Leon from At1 Pro Race Suits for the awesome set of custom fitted leathers. I have no hesitation recommending any of these guys as they all do exceptional work.

I could not have done any of this without the help and support from the best wife in the world, Leanne and have been so lucky to have shared the pits with an absolute awesome bunch of mates that have made this year the most enjoyable race meets ever. I always look forward to the weekend away catching up with mates, as much as I do the racing.

Thanks to the PCRA club and all of the volunteers that do such an awesome job to make all of this possible. From the committee to the officials and to the other riders, this club is full of awesome people and I am so glad to be a part of it. If you want to get into historic racing, you won't be disappointed! It's a heap of fun and is a more relaxed and friendly atmosphere in the pits and on the track.

Bring on the 2016 season!

nigelnobody
19-01-2016, 05:10 PM
:clap: Nice job Rob great to see your enjoying your racing.
The commitment to maintaining these classics and getting them around at respectable pace deserves respect

chubb
19-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Good stuff Nelso

Krackeye
19-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Awesome Rob! Stoked for you. Sick lean on that Suzie.

Marshy
19-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Good stuff mate!!! :cheer: :rockon:

zoidberg
20-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Nice work Rob! Are you backing up again this year?

Leezx10r
20-01-2016, 08:28 AM
Excellent result [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pato
20-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Keep it up and you'll need a new trophy cabinet, the sideboard looks full. Well done.

Nelso
20-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Nice work Rob! Are you backing up again this year?

Yeah, the LC is getting another run, but I've also picked up a 1989 ZXR750 to race in Period 6 750 which is getting fixed up at the moment.

Nelso
20-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Keep it up and you'll need a new trophy cabinet, the sideboard looks full. Well done.

When we put all of Leanne's and my other trophies on there, it covers the whole thing. I need to put a shelf up around the workshop and transfer them all out there.

Nelso
20-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Awesome Rob! Stoked for you. Sick lean on that Suzie.

With 102HP, I managed to get it down to low 1:41's around the GP track, so it carried great corner speed. The day that shot was taken, I was just getting to the point of holding it pinned into turn one! It's a testament to Al Samual's set up!