PDA

View Full Version : STG at PI in June

Kimbo
11-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Looking for racers for STG meeting at PI in June 2016. Have a look on FB Track Junkies Sales. A link from Phil Bartusch.

Leezx10r
11-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Is STG 2016 road race calendar out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

windy
11-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Is STG 2016 road race calendar out?

I looked on the website and couldnt see it.

Linden
11-12-2015, 09:57 AM
I looked on the website and couldnt see it.

Looking at the June long weekend 11& 12 if they can get the numbers ... I'm 50/50

Kimbo
11-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Think the track has become available, and looking for numbers to see if the interest is there to book it

Mstevo
11-12-2015, 10:22 AM
June long weekend at PI is the track still open then?

chubb
11-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Will be bloody cold and windy. Especially in June

Little Mick
11-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Will be bloody cold and windy. Especially in June

hence why it may be available?

Turbo
11-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Really great idea, this! Thought the calendar was looking a little empty without Broadford!

Binksy
12-12-2015, 07:05 AM
Given nobody could be bothered going to broadford this sounds like a risky plan. I hope it gets off the ground though!

zoidberg
12-12-2015, 07:58 AM
This could potentially be awesome! I guess June has a higher chance of snow, but I've been there for the supers many years back in February and it struggled to get above 10 the whole weekend!

Marshy
12-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I don't really understand this continued insistence on scheduling races in the coldest environments in the country at the coldest times of the year.

I have a sneaking suspicion that everyone says 'hell yeah' now, because who wouldn't like to race at PI with St George, but when it comes time to actually enter, a few weeks out, and it's friggen minus 10 with wind chill and pissing with rain down at PI, there'll be a lot of people suddenly busy with work and family.

Turbo
12-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Does it cost more to get the track in the warmer months, or is it just a question of availability?

Mr.Ed
12-12-2015, 11:54 AM
It might have to do with cars having priority when booking... dunno.

Kimbo
12-12-2015, 12:14 PM
I think it availability. Everything is usually booked out 12mths in advance, though of course PI shuts down for winter. Still warmer than Broadford

Linden
12-12-2015, 02:18 PM
I think it availability. Everything is usually booked out 12mths in advance, though of course PI shuts down for winter. Still warmer than Broadford

I'll take mountain chill over Ocean Cold any day (but I'm from Tumbarumba) ... only 30days to snow :) (hope it does soon ...)

Jakels
12-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Well I know what the racing will look like at that time of year at PI

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxJufD-QTcD5gz4gVoA_lN2XbK2vZkztSIgjP19jZSdKAl3R-SeENEMZI6

nigelnobody
12-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Well I know what the racing will look like at that time of year at PI

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxJufD-QTcD5gz4gVoA_lN2XbK2vZkztSIgjP19jZSdKAl3R-SeENEMZI6

Looks like maquez leading dovi and rossi,winter training at the ranch!
Edit: pre- meltdown.

Kris
12-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Im with Jacob, bring a boat or a sled. It would be more fun.

chubb
12-12-2015, 09:40 PM
They need to do it in September

Mr.Ed
13-12-2015, 07:47 AM
And the 4-Hour in December... how amazing would it be if it was this weekend instead of RYM??

Marshy
13-12-2015, 03:31 PM
And the 4-Hour in December... how amazing would it be if it was this weekend instead of RYM??

Totes!! :D

Mstevo
13-12-2015, 08:23 PM

There would be crashes everywhere from heat exhaustion/dehydration :-(

Marshy
14-12-2015, 06:29 AM
I assumed it was only slippery when it was cold, but the feedback from yesterday was that it's slippery as shit even when it's warm. What a rubbish track.

chubb
14-12-2015, 02:24 PM
I assumed it was only slippery when it was cold, but the feedback from yesterday was that it's slippery as shit even when it's warm. What a rubbish track.

If anything that and Winton needs a complete resurface.

Kimbo
14-12-2015, 02:39 PM
pi was only done 12-18 months ago i think

Mstevo
14-12-2015, 04:00 PM

The first round of qualifying was slippery from dust blown on by the gale force winds we had been having according to TON and the track hadn't been used for quiet a while, so it took that round to be swept, then it was great
Even turn 2 with it's build in resurfaced bumps wasn't to bad ;-)

Nelso
14-12-2015, 08:16 PM
The first round of qualifying was slippery from dust blown on by the gale force winds we had been having according to TON and the track hadn't been used for quiet a while, so it took that round to be swept, then it was great
Even turn 2 with it's build in resurfaced bumps wasn't to bad ;-)

Hadn't been used in quite a while????? PCRA raced on it last weekend!! That bloke wouldn't know how to tell the truth if his life depended on it.:tsk:

It was slippery for qualifying last weekend and after a few sessions, once a few bikes had gone over it, wasn't too bad. The rumour was that historic cars had been on it through the week and left a nice film of oil over the track. At least it's not as bumpy as it was before the patch up.

Marshy
14-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Hadn't been used in quite a while????? PCRA raced on it last weekend!! That bloke wouldn't know how to tell the truth if his life depended on it.:tsk:

Ken oath! It's ridiculous.

Ruckos87
14-12-2015, 09:03 PM
The first round of qualifying was slippery from dust blown on by the gale force winds
Now that you mention it there was a stack of dust. And my grip did feel much better in the siteing and one warm up lap I got in....

I still really like WP can't see my self not going there in the warner mths at least. A new track in the Shoalhaven might persuaded a spend up on re-surfacing... All be it a while off

Mstevo
15-12-2015, 05:51 AM

It was slippery for qualifying last weekend and after a few sessions, once a few bikes had gone over it, wasn't too bad. The rumour was that historic cars had been on it through the week and left a nice film of oil over the track. At least it's not as bumpy as it was before the patch up.

7 Days with no use on a race track is a long time, and then go back a week before...it's not much traffic and as i said we had been having very strong winds up this way over the last week or 2
The track did clean up nicely, I had no issues once the racing started
BTW
Wakefield Park has NOT been sold and the Benalla Car club have new management running it now(in house I believe) they have been spending money on the facility, and looking at a 90db noise limit mid week and 95db for racing both cars and bikes. I'm not sure about the 4.30pm weekdays and 5;30pm race meets off the track thing as their original DA back with the now merged Mulwaree Council had very little usage restrictions, but yes one new distant neighbour is causing trouble that council has to look into :-(

Mstevo
15-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Race 2 and my timer came loose and landed in my lap during the start, I threw it off track and when I looked back and got my hand back on the bar, I ran out of road went from 1st to 6th :-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYLg7IkO88&feature=youtu.be

Carl-52
15-12-2015, 09:50 PM
had no issues with grip at all all weekend. Was demolishing my pb and playing with both tyres sliding around corners... left some big ole power darkies around many corners for giggles in the later races. What are you guys doing with your setups to lose so much grip?

Nelso
16-12-2015, 03:36 PM
I was on a 1980 RD350LC. What's this set up thing you talk of???:confused:

Carl-52
16-12-2015, 03:59 PM
i didnt mean you Rob hahahaha, the most you could do is change your tyre pressures. And possibly fork oil weight.

zooker
16-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Qualifying was a little slippery, but one click out of compression front and rear and by race time was perfectly fine. So fine I managed to demolish my previous PB by a full second.

simonr
17-12-2015, 03:05 PM
its been locked in for June

Marshy
17-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Pack the snow gear ;)

Binksy
17-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Hopefully it wouldn't be too bad. I'd imagine a surface like that will act much the same as Broadford. Heaps of grip as long as it's not actually wet.

Im more destroyed that people are saying the 4 hour is gone. Like WTF StG that was the best race of the year. Ah well might make the move to TON stuff easier to swallow.

Marshy
18-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Im more destroyed that people are saying the 4 hour is gone. Like WTF StG that was the best race of the year.

I used to think so too, but it got a bit old for me. Mostly it's a shit time of year to be racing at fucken GOULBURN!! And if you're having a crack at the overall championship, relying on other people for your series points kinda sucks.

But enough about me. People have votes with their wallets, and the 4 hour has been poorly attended for a few years now. I think in part it's the issues above, and in part a reflection of the fact that St George (and all the race series, ASBK, FX) are struggling overall. The club is willing to run some rounds at a loss (eg Broadford was run at a significant loss every year, except maybe the first year), and even the Creek sometimes breaks even and sometimes doesn't. But it can't go on forever.

Mr.Ed
18-12-2015, 10:34 AM
The 4 hour is a great example of a good idea being poorly executed...

Marshy
18-12-2015, 11:37 AM
The 4 hour is a great example of a good idea being poorly executed...

Couldn't agree more.