PDA

View Full Version : Wakefield RYM

jaswib
25-11-2015, 05:38 PM
As the title goes my self and a couple of mates have booked into the upcoming race your mates as a nice intro to racing. What should i expect on the day as far as the lay out, practice starts , qualy , races and general running of the day as its tied in with the fx series. I went out and watched the last st george round at EC and it looked a wee bit scary [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ruckos87
25-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Lol predictive text RYM

I'm doing it as well with a mate, both out 1st times. 2 x practice / qualifying , I believe a race start Theory session and a few practice starts, 4 X 5 lap races (grid double spaced based on qualifying ) assuming squeezed in between the main FX races.

But keen to here from any one else.

Should be fun. Early start gates open 6am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaswib
25-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Lol predictive text RYM

I'm doing it as well with a mate, both out 1st times. 2 x practice / qualifying , I believe a race start Theory session and a few practice starts, 4 X 5 lap races (grid double spaced based on qualifying ) assuming squeezed in between the main FX races.

But keen to here from any one else.

Should be fun. Early start gates open 6am

Lol that's what you get when you have penis fingers lol. Awesome any one know the approx times these blokes will be running.

Marshy
25-11-2015, 06:28 PM
any one know the approx times these blokes will be running.

Anything from 1:04s to 1:50s. The range can be massive, so don't worry about it. Your qualifying determines the grid (as usual), but then you're only directly racing against those 3 other guys on your row - ie the 3 guys closest to your pace. Faster guys are faster, and slower guys are slower, so don't worry about anything other than your grid row. But even then, it's really about practising starts and getting used to other guys being close to you on track. Relax, enjoy, learn and have heaps of fun! It's an intro to racing; it's not as intense as St George. Also, when you're actually IN the crowd of bikes going into turn 1, it's not anywhere near as close as it all looks from the roof!! Like, nowhere near. From the roof it looks like 40 bikes in 5 metres... but when you're down there there's actually heaps of spacing, except for one or two guys you might be quite close to. It's nowhere near as scary as it looks from outside.

And of course I use the term 'guys' in its gender-neutral way.

jaswib
25-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Awesome thanks for the info im super pumped a little nervous about the start but i enjoy wakefield i like how techinical it is i just have to learn how to hit that bloody fish hook and the last turn and ill be sweet any pointers Marshy ☺

Binksy
25-11-2015, 10:10 PM
You'll have a great time! I only did one day RYM (it was actually after my first StG meet when I was running 1:56's at EC) and I had a blast!

Got a couple of mates doing it as well so there should be a decent crowd.

Turbo
26-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Can't say enough positive things about RYM. Really relaxed atmosphere, perfect intro to racing and starts in particular!
You'll have all the time in the world and heaps of practices at it. In fact, one of the sessions is race starts only, no race.
You just come back round and grid up again.
Take the opportunity to try some different things, see what works for you on your bike and that you can repeat.
They advise you to take off as though you're at the traffic lights, for the first attempt, and work up from that. :peace:

Ruckos87
27-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Just checked my calander at home, under Race Your Mates my Mrs had written, underlined and highlighted
13 Year wedding anniversary !!!!

Whoops [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] lol

Linden
27-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Just checked my calander at home, under Race Your Mates my Mrs had written, underlined and highlighted

Soft ... I raced on my Mrs 50th a the beginning of the month ...

Ruckos87
27-11-2015, 11:59 AM
lol I didn't say I wasn't going ...

Marshy
27-11-2015, 12:37 PM

Pfft. Not even a round number, let alone a number ending in a '0'. You're free and clear to race, IMHO.

Stu23
27-11-2015, 12:42 PM
bring her along :) spend the day together

Ruckos87
27-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Only if you can look after the 2, 7 and 9yo A.D.D boarder line kids [emoji23]
13 years I e earned a day off

Stu23
27-11-2015, 12:56 PM
let em run around out the back, always someone with a pit bike..... let them sneak on and ride around the paddock ;) should be a giggle

zooker
28-11-2015, 09:19 PM
RYM is a blast. Really good intro to racing. The practice race starts are awesome, but don't try to go too hard on the first one.....I may have been a bit eager and pulled a massive wheelie haha. Just listen to the instructions and make sure you understand the flags and signals.

I did the first RYM round this year, then did the next FXRRC rounds in the Retro 600's followed by the St George 4-hour and then my first St George round at SMSP earlier this month. Set me up well for a good year learning how to race. Can't beat the rush of riding so close to the other guys on the track, and trying to get past the buggers :D

Helmet
30-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Seems like rym is going to be a pretty busy grid this time out :)

Just watch those cool down laps... :whistle: :embarassed:

windy
30-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Im doing RYM as well. Looking forward to it. ☺

chubb
30-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Seems like rym is going to be a pretty busy grid this time out :)

Just watch those cool down laps... :whistle: :embarassed:

Especially if you are a softie doing RYM........

Helmet
30-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Especially if you are a softie doing RYM........

Was waiting for it.

jaswib
02-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Does anyone know what level the bikes will be scrutinered to the bike is fully lockwired but the bike has only had a light flush with distilled water so there is still colour apparent even tho previously the bike was running engine ice so not glycol based anyway. Also will numbers be provided on the day or do we even need them.

Marshy
02-12-2015, 07:57 AM
In RYM, you'll be fine with all that. (Not in the concurrent FXRRC racing tho, just the RYM 'class'). You can run a road bike, so coolant is ok. I don't think you need numbers.... Anyone else know?

simonr
02-12-2015, 07:59 AM
they will give you numbers at sign on

jaswib
02-12-2015, 08:01 AM
they will give you numbers at sign on
Will i need white number boards on the bike at all or just slap them on anywhere.

Turbo
02-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know what level the bikes will be scrutinered to the bike is fully lockwired but the bike has only had a light flush with distilled water so there is still colour apparent even tho previously the bike was running engine ice so not glycol based anyway. Also will numbers be provided on the day or do we even need them.

If it's just RYM you're entering, scrutineering is the same as for a track day. So, coolant is fine and you don't need lockwire!

simonr
02-12-2015, 08:46 AM
Will i need white number boards on the bike at all or just slap them on anywhere.

slap them anywhere

Helmet
02-12-2015, 01:15 PM
They generally can provide numbers. And you just mount them center or just left of center of the nose.

Little Mick
02-12-2015, 10:21 PM
If it's just RYM you're entering, scrutineering is the same as for a track day. So, coolant is fine and you don't need lockwire!

don't go and cut your lockwire off tho ;) and having the coolant removed helps in the case of an incident it even happens in RYM(unfortunately happened to Helmet last time or time before and has happened to me in qually)...and having it prepped for race meets will help once you get the bug :P

what was said all above tho.. stickers are issued with a number on it. it will be placed in a prominent position on the front so the number can be seen by those that need to.

its a pretty chill day so don't stress. if you aren't sure about anything on the day just ask..

Little Mick
02-12-2015, 10:34 PM
from the entry form

7. MACHINE AND RIDING GEAR – SCRUTINEERING: Machinery All:
7.1 Motorcycles with street gear still fitted must have their head, tail/brake and indicator lights taped up to a level where it is not possible to see the lights if they are on. 7.2 Horns must be disconnected or the switches taped up so they cannot be used.
7.3 Rear Vision Mirrors and Registration number plates must be removed.
7.4 Any part of the motorcycle that has a sharp edge must be taped up so the edge is no longer sharp.
7.5 All tyres must still have minimum thread depth indicators visible and must not be damaged.
7.6 Both front and rear brake levers must have a firm lever that does not travel back to the bar or peg when compressed.
7.7 Throttles must be free to turn and return on their own and must not be sticky.
7.8 The motorcycle must be in good working order.

Track Bikes without Street Gear
7.9 If your motorcycle is a track day prepared or an existing race bike then your bike must also conform to the above relevant points; 7.4, 5.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8.
7.10 All existing race numbers must be removed unless previously arranged with the promoter.
7.11 If your motorcycle of choice is a PCRA race bike you will need to contact the promoter and provide information on what model, capacity and year your motorcycle is so we can make sure it is competitive enough to be on the grid with modern motorcycles. Riding Gear:
7.12 All riding gear must be in good condition with no obvious faults or structural damage. 1 or 2 piece full leather suite (must be zip together). Full face Helmet in good condition with a current Australian or other accepted Standards Sticker. Motorcycle Riding Gloves in good condition. Motorcycle boots (above ankle) in good condition. A back protector is recommended.

Ruckos87
03-12-2015, 04:17 PM
How long is the day generally ? Approx finish time anyone ?

Builda
03-12-2015, 05:48 PM
The website says 9.00 to 4.00pm??

Helmet
03-12-2015, 08:03 PM
I don't remember leaving last time :crutch:

Ruckos87
03-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Ok all I saw was gates open at 6, wasn't sure how it played out between the FXRaces.

Marshy
04-12-2015, 09:56 AM
It's an early-ish finish. 4ish. Not a late one. It's very relaxed, and an unrushed schedule.

jaswib
04-12-2015, 10:14 AM
It's an early-ish finish. 4ish. Not a late one. It's very relaxed, and an unrushed schedule.
What time do you recommend me getting there Marshy ? How are the go fast stickers coming along i need all the extra help i can get lol

Marshy
04-12-2015, 12:10 PM
7am is fine.

Will sticker tomorrow, hopefully.

Ruckos87
10-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Garages out
http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/NewsDetails?newsid=19116
I'm in 10 come say hi.

Builda
10-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Cool, Were in garage 14.....

Mstevo
10-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Beauty I'm a "D" grader for the weekend :-)
and I'm riding an R 11,000...I'm going to be fast lol

56 competitors, not bad for 2 weeks before Christmas

Little Mick
10-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Ill be there in Scrutineering .... make yourself known if you haven't already ;)

Cheers

Little Mick

Helmet
10-12-2015, 11:20 PM
I'll be in garage 22 folks. See y'all there.

Ruckos87
11-12-2015, 07:09 AM
56 competitors, not bad for 2 weeks before Christmas

Seems a lot of RYM entries? ,
I can't wait going to really enjoy this.

Helmet
11-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Nearly as many rym entries as there are in all other classes.

Mr.Ed
11-12-2015, 09:18 AM
They're onto a winner with that series... hopefully it will translate to bigger grids over the next years.

Helmet
11-12-2015, 10:44 AM
They need to add an smsp round I reckon.

Little Mick
12-12-2015, 06:41 AM
For those entering FXRRC (wont hurt if you are RYM either), if you haven't already, review the list below (taken from FX website) for the basics. Always better to come prepared than to have something not quite right on the day, and needing to scramble to sort it out.

Scrutineering Basic Check List-FXRRC

The motorcycle must be presented to scrutineering with the belly pan removed
The engine should be cold and the radiator cap removed
Belly pan must have a hole in the bottom at each end and be plugged or taped over.

Axle nuts must have split pins fitted if provision is made for one.

Lower chain guard must be fitted to swing arm to lessen likelihood of hand or foot being caught in rear sprocket.

Swinging arm bearings/bushes must be in good condition with no side to side free play.

Wheel bearings must have no free play.

Chain must be adjusted correctly and lubricated.

Foot pegs and gear lever are to be in operational condition, sharp edges must be rounded to min. of 3mm radius.

Sump Plug must be drilled and lock wired.

Oil filter must be fitted with a clamp and lock wired.

Engine side covers must have suitable protection if deemed to be in danger of leaking oil in the event of a crash.

Brake calliper mounting bolts must be drilled and lock wired.

Steering Head bearings must be adjusted correctly with no free play.

Fork seals must not be leaking.

Clutch and Brake levers cannot be broken or bent out of shape.

Front Brake must be operational.

Handlebars need to be solid or have the ends plugged.

Throttle action must be smooth and must automatically return freely to closed position when let go.

Radiator cap must be removed and replaced by the motorcycles presenter only, not the scrutineer.

Radiator must contain water only, coolant is not allowed.

Radiator cap must be drilled and lock wired, the presenter is to replace cap after scrutineering.

Engine Oil filler cap must be drilled and lock wired.

Rear Brake must be operational with no hinderance to full travel of lever

Mufflers must not have a sharp edge on the exit, a minimum of 3mm. radius beading is required.

Tyres must be as specified for the class in which the motorcycle has been entered and have minimum tread depth indicators visable.

The motorcycle must not have any fluid leaks.

No sharp edges allowed, any sharp edge must have at least a three millimetre beading fitted.

Fairings, any cracked/broken sharp edges that are exposed must be at least taped so as not to be dangerous

Series Sponsorship Stickers prescribed for the class the motorcycle is competing in must be displayed before a frame sticker is attached.

*NOTE* This is a basic check list only and not to be read as full compliance, more compliance requirements may be obtained by reading the 2014 Eligibility & Technical Rules for the class in which the motorcycle has been entered, these are available on www.fxsuperbikes.com.au and www.formula-xtreme.com.au in the competitor section.

Cheers

Little Mick

Helmet
12-12-2015, 07:52 PM
See you all tomorrow!

Builda
12-12-2015, 08:38 PM
All I need now are some mates.....:boink:

Leezx10r
12-12-2015, 09:07 PM
All I need now are some mates.....:boink:

You got Ronald MacDonald hehe

Builda
12-12-2015, 09:13 PM
He's my mate, but he dosn't say too much just a good listener...

Marshy
12-12-2015, 09:34 PM
You got Ronald MacDonald hehe

:pound: :rofl: :laugh:

Nice trailer setup, Peter! Looks great!

Builda
12-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Cheers, makes life so easy.....

zoidberg
13-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Have fun today everyone!

Mr.Ed
13-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Looking forward to trophy pics! Enjoy your day and stay safe out there! ;)

Ruckos87
13-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Well I was out on the 1st race start practice with mechanical issue [emoji35] .... Spewing was good till then, fun relaxed we'll run.
My qualifying was rubbish it's defiantly different to a track day, jumping on the bike 1st up and trying to qualify fast in the 12 min time slot. So slippery early, lost the rear a few times, the front once and missed the T10 altogether 1st lap, and took a detour through pit lane. Lol

jaswib
13-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Well I was out on the 1st race start practice with mechanical issue [emoji35] .... Spewing was good till then, fun relaxed we'll run.
My qualifying was rubbish it's defiantly different to a track day, jumping on the bike 1st up and trying to qualify fast in the 12 min time slot. So slippery early, lost the rear a few times, the front once and missed the T10 altogether 1st lap, and took a detour through pit lane. Lol

Saw you on the grid you looked pissed any idea what it was? Qualy was bullshit lost the front and rear on numerous occasions but got the bike to go well after managed to pull consistent 1.08s and 1.09s so i was pumped only 3rd time there and could only manage the occasional 1.10 last time there. Had a blast and may have caught the racing bug even tho i cant start for shit.

Ruckos87
13-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Not 100% sure I'm no mechanic but it seem to be an issue with the engine seizing up, hopefully not as bad as it sounds. I'll the work shop tomorrow and see when I can drop it up. I'm spewing cause I've got my CBR in the garage but didnt but have room to take a 2nd bike down. My mate offers his bike but I wasn't to keen.
Shit happens it's not suppose to be a cheep sport...
Was great to watch in any case. Enjoyed watching MStevo (I think it was) on the yellow R1 killed it in the 3rd super bike race[emoji106]🏻

Mstevo
13-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Enjoyed watching MStevo (I think it was) on the yellow R1 killed it in the 3rd super bike race[emoji106]��

Thankyou, I aim to entertain ;-)

Helmet
13-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Was an awesome day! Had loads of fun giving some 1000s grief.

Stu23
14-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Yes you did Brian :) top fun watching you again

Carl-52
15-12-2015, 10:46 PM
hahaha equaled my Pb in qualifying. kinda set the scene for the rest of the day. Fast and faster :P

Helmet
16-12-2015, 07:49 AM
My qually was terrible. I was doing faster laps from a standing start in r2-4.

Little Mick
16-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Hey guys.

Mick James is trying to piece together what happened in his crash.

If any of you have ir on video could you please let me know.

Thanks

Mick

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Stu23
16-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Carl was a little way behind but saw what happened, might be on one of his vids, but im sure he will log on later and explain

simonr
16-12-2015, 02:59 PM
I only saw the very end of the crash, but he ended up in spot where he must have run off very early in the corner before he would even have tipped in.

Carl-52
16-12-2015, 03:18 PM
check your pm mick. detailed it all there.

Wolfie57
16-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Can someone send me Mick's contact details, I want to wish him well.

Cheers
:smile: