PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts: Road Laws Against Motorcyclists.

Slickaz
25-11-2015, 04:16 PM
http://www.southcoastregister.com.au/story/3516810/negligent-driving-occasioning-death-charge-dismissed/?cs=202

TL;DR - tourist in a cage, doing a right turn on highway collides with motorcyclist and pillion passenger going straight with right of way; rider dies, pillion survived, charges dropped against driver, due to "position of sun and eucalyptus trees"

nigelnobody
25-11-2015, 05:17 PM
This unfortunate accident was one of the main reasons for me switching to track only riding.
Last road ride litterally scared the crap out of me with numerous near misses or general lack of concentration from drivers.
Seemed the more i followed the road rules the more vulnerable i felt.
Amazing how comfortable i feel amongst riders of equal skill level at high speed now.:)

Marshy
25-11-2015, 06:21 PM
Not just this accident.... all ones like this. Not worth the risk!

Ruckos87
26-11-2015, 11:33 AM
I think about getting another road bike at least once a mth.

Then I see this type of thing.
Not good at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slickaz
26-11-2015, 12:10 PM
i cant believe we get shafted like this by the justice system here. How can this even be acceptable here!
the law here does'nt even extend basic human right to life to this dead rider.

i'm actually furious about this because we pay taxes, we get shafted by the donut boys for the stupidest of issues, and yet if i was driving a car all i need is "the azimuth and elevation of the sun's rays enhanced by the fragrance of eucalyptise leaves was tingling my ass cheeks and so i killed a man, ok thx bye"..

Turbo
26-11-2015, 03:19 PM
We are definitely not wanted on Australian roads. The cops make that very obvious whenever they have the chance!
I don't know enough about this case to form an opinion but if the motorcycle did indeed have the right of way, I'm not sure the Sun or trees should have anything to do with the verdict.
I doubt if a motorcyclist would get very far, blaming trees for negligent driving.