PDA

View Full Version : Brake pads

chubb
12-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Im just using stock yamaha brake pads for the r6.

They almost due for a replacement and wondering whats recommend??

Should I get some pads that are more race oriented or stick with the stock ones.. just wonder how much more braking power race oriented ones offer over the stock

BoB
12-06-2013, 08:51 PM
if you decide to get some from kurvey girl let us know and i will order them for you . Im thinking of getting some VD-170 RJL $100 , orders over $200 get free shipping in the us , then i get them shipped from ship it to to sydney
http://www.kurveygirl.com/

Little Mick
12-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Can also give Whitey a call Rancell. I use his Gold Efren ones and they work fine...

Marshy
13-06-2013, 07:57 AM
I only use Vesrah SRJL pads in my R6. They have a lot more initial bite than the OEM pads, and stop like nothing else, with less lever effort. I'm very, very hard under brakes, and they are honestly the best pads ever! Exxy, at about $200 a set (KurveyGirl are cheapest by far for Vesrah), but they last me a bit over a year, doing heaps and heaps and heaps of track days and race days. Bargain.

Saturnalian
13-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm very, very hard under brakes, and they are honestly the best pads ever!

Maybe keep some of your secrets to yourself Marshy. Great work on the weekend by the way.
Had a look at a few races. It really does look like an incredible track.

J.

chubb
13-06-2013, 10:34 AM
just cuz we can use the same equipment the top racers run doesn't mean we're at the front...

Marshy
13-06-2013, 02:33 PM
just cuz we can use the same equipment the top racers run doesn't mean we're at the front...

Wot he said. I share my secrets freely, on the basis that people still have to beat me on track!

Saturnalian
13-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I was more concerned about how very very hard you get when you're braking but whatev's dude !!

Marshy
13-06-2013, 04:35 PM
I was more concerned about how very very hard you get when you're braking but whatev's dude !!

:cheer: :hug: Yep, braking really does it for me! :rofl: