Sponge Bob
15-11-2015, 08:13 PM
In for that one 😀

Ruckos87
16-11-2015, 12:26 PM
pop in and say Hi ill be in Garage 11. weathers looking..............:pray:

Marshy
16-11-2015, 06:19 PM
OMG OMG OMG!! After refreshing the booking page every half-second for a solid 12 hours, I managed to snare a spot for tomorrow!! W00T!! Now I just have to put the bike back together. Might be a late nite.

Ruckos87
16-11-2015, 07:30 PM
So fully booked other wise? [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruckos87
17-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Hot out there today, seemed to be unusually high number of stoppages. I couldn't better constant 156s though [emoji20] worst part is I was doing that 18 mths ago at CSS school days on my 600.
Really thought I'd be in the 49s by now. Oh well seat time is the key I suppose....

zoidberg
17-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Nothing like seat time! I heard there was a nasty coming together on the straight there today? Anyone know what happened?

Marshy
18-11-2015, 07:05 AM
I heard there was a nasty coming together on the straight there today? Anyone know what happened?

Yes, two guys who I know came together exiting turn 12. It's unclear who was at fault.... one might've gone around the outside in t12 and cut inwards, or the other might've drifted outward on the exit. Either way, the inside (ZX10R) rider's brake lever jammed into the velcro of the outer (S1000RR) rider's knee slider, applying full front brake pressure and cartwheeling the bike. At 200kph. There was not a lot left of the 10R. The only thing keeping the front wheel attached to the main part of the motorcycle were the brake lines. Both forks were snapped in half, with expensive cartridges sticking out the bottom of the snapped section. The front wheel was wrecked. Etc etc. It was a bit difficult to see the rest of the bike, as it was lying on it's damaged side on the ground. It slid for a long way.

The rider of the 10R was in some pain. He managed to hobble off the track straight away, but was then taken to hospital for xrays etc. Obviously not life threatening, but pretty painful nonetheless. I don't know what his injuries ended up being. The BMW rider simply lost the knee slider.

It was a completely Al Samuels race-prepared 10R, so I would expect it to have a lever guard (although I didn't actually confirm this). Seems a bit odd to have happened with a guard in place, but they are clearly not foolproof (as Wolfie will undoubtedly testify).

It was also the fastest red group I think I've ever seen. Admittedly I was having major issues with the front end of my bike and was 4-5 secs off my usual pace, but I was one of the slowest riders out there, and by quite a bit, which hasn't happened to me in many years. It was a veritable who's-who of Aussie racers preparing for FX in a couple weeks. Very impressive riding for the most part.

Wolfie57
18-11-2015, 08:01 AM
I agree, it was the fastest red group ever although great fun trying to keep up and Brian Staring binning it in turn 3 in front of me was interesting.

There was a brake guard on the crashed bike but as you say they don't always help!

If amyone is out there today be careful in turn 5, in session 5 yesterday water seeped out again and 4 of us lost it and ran off/crashed......

Kris
19-11-2015, 07:52 AM
The ZX10R rider is OK - was at the track yesterday. Bike needs a new frame/forks/wheels/tank!

VERY VERY hot day yesterday - highest track temps I've ever seen - last session was the best by far :) :) :) No dramas with the riders or the T5 water issue, was fun having Blair drift his 600 into T2 infront of me and Maxwell laying ontop of me around T2 haha

Marshy
19-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Sooooo, he was just being a girl about pain??? We waited nearly an hour for them to send another ambulance, as they'd used our one to take him straight to hospital (which only happens in dire emergencies).

Kris
19-11-2015, 08:01 AM
He was at the track yesterday, apparently has a bruised spine and had plastic surgery to the finger - he looked in good spirits - no doubt a tough fker.

Ruckos87
19-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Glad he's OK bike looked a mess...

Wolfie57
19-11-2015, 01:08 PM
PLastic surgery to the finger? What's wrong with him, he has 7 others!

Haha, glad he's OK and that you had no turn 5 drama's :cool:

Marshy
19-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Fair enough then ;)

zoidberg
19-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Oh damn, that's a nasty way to crash. Sucks about the bike, glad the rider is okay, but has anyone spared a thought for the bloke who lost a knee slider? Those things aren't cheap!

Turbo
19-11-2015, 11:15 PM
He was at the track yesterday, apparently has a bruised spine and had plastic surgery to the finger - he looked in good spirits - no doubt a tough fker.

Meh, no biggie!?! :lol:

Would be gutted about the bike tho. He's been chasing setup with Al for a while now.

Turbo
19-11-2015, 11:17 PM
If amyone is out there today be careful in turn 5, in session 5 yesterday water seeped out again and 4 of us lost it and ran off/crashed......

This sucks!! Haven't they just finished re-surfacing through there?
The track seems to dry well out then get wet again when it gets hot.. really dodgy :/

Kimbo
20-11-2015, 10:26 AM
It was grasshopper that went off at turn 12
, bit sore now, Looks like he got his handlebar clipped

Marshy
20-11-2015, 08:15 PM
has anyone spared a thought for the bloke who lost a knee slider? Those things aren't cheap!

:pound: :rofl: :laugh:

Too soon?

Wolfie57
21-11-2015, 09:48 AM
So waiting for confirmation but it looks like ARDC have admitted fault about turn 5 and are going to close the track in January to resurface it!

I don't know anymore than that at this stage......

Turbo
21-11-2015, 01:59 PM
So waiting for confirmation but it looks like ARDC have admitted fault about turn 5 and are going to close the track in January to resurface it!

I don't know anymore than that at this stage......

Woah, that's huge! Glad they're taking it seriously.

Wolfie57
22-11-2015, 11:25 AM
I spoke to a Stay Upright guy at the bike show and he confirmed that they have cancelled a school day and will be cancelling some ride days to get turn 5 resurfaced in January. It is supposed to take 2 weeks but he didn't seem very confident about that being the case.
If it rains in the week leading up to the ASC round it could get interesting!

Turbo
22-11-2015, 11:32 AM
I spoke to a Stay Upright guy at the bike show and he confirmed that they have cancelled a school day and will be cancelling some ride days to get turn 5 resurfaced in January. It is supposed to take 2 weeks but he didn't seem very confident about that being the case.
If it rains in the week leading up to the ASC round it could get interesting!

Ah right! Yeah, I heard from Krista at ARDC that the private practice for January was cancelled too.
Hope it stays dry for ASC!!

Wolfie57
22-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Ah right! Yeah, I heard from Krista at ARDC that the private practice for January was cancelled too.
Hope it stays dry for ASC!!

Also hope they get it done in time for the 1st round of St George! At least it means more a level playing field as no one would have practiced!

Turbo
22-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Also hope they get it done in time for the 1st round of St George! At least it means more a level playing field as no one would have practiced!

Not seen dates for that yet.. have you seen it anywhere?

Wolfie57
22-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Yep its confirmed as the 6/7th Feb - same weekend as the rugby 7's, gutted!

Kimbo
22-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Looks like I will miss the first round again,