PDA

View Full Version : FXRRC RND 4, 13 Dec.

Helmet
28-10-2015, 01:07 PM
Who's in for this?

I'm going to booked RYM most likely, as I don't remember my last attempt very well (who knows why :whistle::whistle::noidea:

Anyone else making the trip ?

Ruckos87
28-10-2015, 01:32 PM
In. Booked RYM on Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helmet
28-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Cool, at least I won't be by myself haha.

Mstevo
28-10-2015, 02:40 PM
your planning early!
If my bike and body are in shape after my very busy 7 days of race/track day dates in November I'll be there ;-)

Marshy
28-10-2015, 03:25 PM
I highly recommend Race Your Mates to anyone thinking about trying out racing in a safe environment :thumb:

Turbo
28-10-2015, 03:27 PM
I highly recommend Race Your Mates to anyone thinking about trying out racing in a safe environment :thumb:
++PLUS ONE++

Ruckos87
28-10-2015, 03:32 PM
your planning early!
If my bike and body are in shape after my very busy 7 days of race/track day dates in November I'll be there ;-)

Lol I've been pestering Gloria for mths. I'm pretty sure she printed the form for me while I was there to stop me asking ...

Helmet
28-10-2015, 03:37 PM
safe environment :thumb:

Eherm.. just not around
me :redface:

zooker
28-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Will definitely be there in Retro 600 and probably 600's too.

Binksy
28-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Hoping to be out there for my first race meet and first day at WP on the big bike :)

Although as with Stevo got 6 days on circuit between now and then so got a few days to get through first!

Negrogrande
28-10-2015, 08:20 PM
might be in for this, just renewed my license, someone nicked my number :(

Marshy
28-10-2015, 10:07 PM
might be in for this, just renewed my license, someone nicked my number :(

Bummer :'(

Carl-52
29-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Ill be there in 600s. Binksy are you there on the 600? I want another battle! Feel free to garage with me, ill do my entry form this weekend.

Binksy
29-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Ill be there in 600s. Binksy are you there on the 600? I want another battle! Feel free to garage with me, ill do my entry form this weekend.

Sorry mate StG will be the last meet on the R6 so we'd better get some battles under our belts. Unless I haven't sold it then I might x enter.

Carl-52
29-10-2015, 10:33 AM
ahhhhhh St G it is then. Im only doing Clubsport so if you're in there we'll have a good ole fight :D

Stu23
14-12-2015, 08:31 AM
A great days racing, everyone seemed to be having a blast :) Feel for Mick James, had a nasty crash, was told a collarbone and maybe other s broken... and a bad bang to the head. If anyone goes to see him, pass on my best to him.

Binksy
14-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Was a great days racing, although trying to get used to the ZX10 was a real challenge. Fucking wheelies get annoying would have thought throwing my not unsubstantial weight over the front on the exit of t10 would stop the wheelies but apparently I was wrong. Anyone got any experience in lengthening wheel base with gearing to reduce wheelies? Does it really have a very noticeable affect as I'm running the a really short wheelbase at the moment.

First session was a little sketchy with a few guys down in the 1000's but after that the track was great! Had a good race with Gavin in the final race but he pipped me to the post and ended up doing a heap of 1:05's. Still got some time to find and set up to chase at WP to try and mix it with the fast boys. Ended up with Rnd 2nd D grade 1000's which isn't a bad start.

chubb
14-12-2015, 09:45 AM
How is your geometry set up? And what gearing you running at WP?

Marshy
14-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Does it really have a very noticeable affect as I'm running the a really short wheelbase at the moment.

Yeah mate, it can make quite a difference. It's not a panacea, but it helps quite a bit. Particularly if you combine it with other changes, like firming up the rear (spring, comp, etc). As chubb says, other bits of the geometry - not just wheelbase - can make a big difference too.

Marshy
14-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Feel for Mick James, had a nasty crash, was told a collarbone and maybe other s broken... and a bad bang to the head. If anyone goes to see him, pass on my best to him.

Noooooooo!! What happened??

nigelnobody
14-12-2015, 09:58 AM
Still yet to sort gearing on mine e/c only am told 16/41 or 15/39 works well
Suspension sorted already by (pons),has Condon flying with similar geometry.
Frank has always gone for a long/flat setup on all mine only minimal showing through triples.
Maybe others are diff but always works for me.

Stu23
14-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Mick got caught up on the outside going into 8 ( downhill left ) got onto the dirty stuff and and onto the grass... kept it upright but then all of a sudden it just flicked and hammered him into the ground :(

Binksy
14-12-2015, 10:08 AM
How is your geometry set up? And what gearing you running at WP?

I think I ran 17 43, so with my chain length ended up being almost as short as you can get in with the rear axle adjustment, could run 16 40 for a similar gearing but longer wheelbase quite easily I suppose. I'm not sure about what height I have set on the rear shock but front is slightly lowered maybe 10mm. Linkage and triples all standard. Ill get some measurements later in the week as I'll be pulling the shock out soon.

chubb
14-12-2015, 11:35 AM
I have gone from a nose heavy front to now a flat setup. Have to say the flat setup wheelies less. What Marshy said about the rear supporting your weight plus gearing and wheelbase does make a difference as well

Little Mick
14-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Noooooooo!! What happened??

Mick got caught up on the outside going into 8 ( downhill left ) got onto the dirty stuff and and onto the grass... kept it upright but then all of a sudden it just flicked and hammered him into the ground :(
Mick is still in Canberra hospital. I spoke to him briefly a few minutes ago. Still groggy so kept it very short. Still doing tests and scans. Will hopefully find out more in a few days when things settle down a bit.

little mick

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mstevo
14-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Mick is still in Canberra hospital. I spoke to him briefly a few minutes ago. Still groggy so kept it very short. Still doing tests and scans. Will hopefully find out more in a few days when things settle down a bit.

little mick

I've just dropped in to say high and he was high on endone, and would fall asleep mid sentence LOL
busted left collar bone and a bruise brain which they are monitoring, another scan tomorrow to reference to
He is looking to get home asap ;-)

Mstevo
14-12-2015, 04:41 PM
The 2015 Formula-xtreme Road Race Club Series is done for the year, congratulations to all those who competed and achieved personal mile stones and scored their own trophies/prizes
I won my class and placed 3rd in the series
Congratulations to Laurie Suspension Smith riding his home built hossack suspension CBR 1000. Laurie placed 1st in the series winning a Kawasaki 300 ninja and promptly gave it away...or will be giving it to a young up and coming rider to race next year (through a CV style selection criteria) hat's off to you mate :first:
Brad Swallo and Laurie were tied in 1st place and the decision was down to a draw from the hat, Brad ended up with free entry into the 2016 big boys series so that seemed appropriate

Little Mick
14-12-2015, 05:05 PM
I've just dropped in to say high and he was high on endone, and would fall asleep mid sentence LOL
busted left collar bone and a bruise brain which they are monitoring, another scan tomorrow to reference to
He is looking to get home asap ;-)
Thanks Mark. Much appreciated

Mstevo
15-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Race 2 and my timer came loose and landed in my lap during the start, I threw it off track and when I looked back and got my hand back on the bar, I ran out of road 1st to 6th :-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYLg7IkO88&feature=youtu.be

Stu23
15-12-2015, 11:23 AM
that looked err entertaining ! lol eeeek

Marshy
15-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Hahahahhahaaa!! Close.

dan
15-12-2015, 01:30 PM
The 2015 Formula-xtreme Road Race Club Series is done for the year, congratulations to all those who competed and achieved personal mile stones and scored their own trophies/prizes
I won my class and placed 3rd in the series
Congratulations to Laurie Suspension Smith riding his home built hossack suspension CBR 1000. Laurie placed 1st in the series winning a Kawasaki 300 ninja and promptly gave it away...or will be giving it to a young up and coming rider to race next year (through a CV style selection criteria) hat's off to you mate :first:
Brad Swallo and Laurie were tied in 1st place and the decision was down to a draw from the hat, Brad ended up with free entry into the 2016 big boys series so that seemed appropriate

How good was that! I felt a little emotional when he offered it up.

Ps. hi guys!

Turbo
15-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Race 2 and my timer came loose and landed in my lap during the start, I threw it off track and when I looked back and got my hand back on the bar, I ran out of road 1st to 6th :-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBYLg7IkO88&feature=youtu.be

YIKES!! Keep it upright??

zooker
16-12-2015, 10:07 PM
What an awesome day on Sunday. Must have been the day for PB's (hey Carl) as I managed to get a couple of high 1.03's during the 600 races. Absolutely stoked considering I started the year doing 10's. Was completely stuffed at the end of the day after 8 races and almost 100 laps.

Ended the day with 1st D-grade in both 600's and Retro 600.

Ended the season with 2nd in D-grade Retro 600 (well done to Dan with 1st), and surprisingly got 14th overall. Even more surprising was being awarded the Most Promising Rider award. Huge thanks to Terry and Gloria and the Formula eXtreme crew.

Great weekend, great year's racing. Can't wait to do it all again next year :D

dan
17-12-2015, 10:23 AM
What an awesome day on Sunday. Must have been the day for PB's (hey Carl) as I managed to get a couple of high 1.03's during the 600 races. Absolutely stoked considering I started the year doing 10's. Was completely stuffed at the end of the day after 8 races and almost 100 laps.

Ended the season with 2nd in D-grade Retro 600 (well done to Dan with 1st), and surprisingly got 14th overall. Even more surprising was being awarded the Most Promising Rider award. Huge thanks to Terry and Gloria and the Formula eXtreme crew.

You definitely deserve that promising rider award, you were absolutely killing it. I didn't stand a chance. Congrats mate!

Stu23
17-12-2015, 10:29 AM
yup really flying :) well deserved

Carl-52
17-12-2015, 11:48 AM
yeh was a day for Pb's all round. best weather and track conditions i have had yet at wakey.

Mstevo
17-12-2015, 04:15 PM

very well deserved grasshopper ;-)