PDA

View Full Version : $2000 CTP for your Motor bike

Lets Torque
05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Well its happening PPL and whether you ride on the road or not this is a just cause...

Whats next? cars?

We need to unite and take a stand as riders/drivers/workers and PPL who use the road,after all we pay for it!! so if you think it "it doesnt effect me,i dont ride on the road" or " i drive a car" it will effect you as CTP's will go up across the board if this gets through - you can be sure of that.. And if you think TD's wont go up your dreamin if this flies..

So can you all please sign up to this face book page and not just stand back and be a minority...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/488378801234326/?hc_location=stream

Let unite on this front

Cheers

Bretto

a bit more deets below if you care to read on::thumb:

LUBE UP, BITCHES. THE GOVERNMENT'S COCK IS COMING FOR YOU.

And don't say I didn't warn you this would happen. I did. Over and over.

This was posted on Bike Me! by someone who knows:

Tonight I met with representatives from the Law Society. I have bad news.

While we (The NSW Motorcycle Alliance and the MCC of NSW) have been meeting regularly lately with the Motor Accidents Authority and the office of the Finance Minister regarding "consultation" over the new CTP Greenslip system, the government has been writing the legislation. The Minister's Office told us they were not writing legislation, and they wouldn't be ready to do so until later in the year, hence the "consultations".

I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that they were lying to us. And every other road user group, crash victim group, legal body and any other stakeholder group you can think of.

The legislation was "debated" by the coalition party room for a total of 10 minutes. So don't expect your local member to have a clue what they are voting on.

The bill was put into parliament this week and has already had it's first reading speech. It is scheduled for second reading in the upper house this week. They are trying to ram it through quickly, before anyone works out what's in it. Today was the first chance we've had to look at it, and there's obviously a lot to get through (100 pages) but it's safe to say that none of the recommendations in the invited submissions from any road user group, crash victims group, the law society, us, or anyone else was taken into account.

What does it mean?

Smaller payouts for crash victims

Potentially massive premium prices. We're expecting some motorcycle greenslips to be in excess of $2,000.

I did suggest this might be the case a month or two back on here, prompting Boris to write a piece on it. I doubt too many people saw it as a real possibility. Well, guess what?

If you thought the previous Greenslip fight a couple of years ago was difficult, hold onto your hats. This time we're facing a government that is full of ego, who refuses to listen to anyone, and a cross-bench that is not inclined to go against them.

This one will get ugly.

All the stuff Andrew Stoner told you at the last rally was obviously a lie. I bet you're shocked.

Here's a link to the hansard of the first reading, including the view of the opposition, in case you're interested;

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LA20130521043?open&refNavID=HA8_1

You'll remember Borrie penning this a while back...

RENDER UNTO CAESAR

There are dark times ahead. Evil times. Times when motorcyclists will be subjected to an assortment of villainies, not the least of which will be an increase in the cost of Compulsory Third Party (CTP) premiums.

What’s that? You thought we had a win there? Really?
Oh dear. Clearly you have not thought this through.

In case you hadn’t noticed (and who can blame you?) motorcyclists are currently engaged in a war of extermination against a seasoned foe whose relentless anti-motorcycling propaganda is paying dividends. As usual, our self-appointed representatives are wallowing in their own worthlessness like wall-eyed bison lunging about a bottomless mud-hole. For people still unable to construct a viable press-release or engage with the media in any way other than to make fools of themselves on radio or television, they would still like us to know they remain at ‘coalface’, which I imagine is hugely comforting to some people.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the grey eminences behind the bureaucratic facades that feed the government all its bright ideas about how to save motorcyclists from themselves, work apace.
I’m given to understand that CTP premiums will rise and rise dramatically in the next few years. Clearly, the insurance companies, who are in the business of making money (in case you forgot), are a rich source of beautifully skewed statistics that do nothing but bolster the anti-motorcycling mantras emitted by Victoria’s TAC and whatever its NSW equivalent is calling itself this week.

Added to that is the ‘data’ collected by the police, who as we all know, tick the ‘speed’ box at every opportunity when dissecting the causes of an accident involving a bike. Because as far as the government is concerned, speeding is the greatest evil ever ever ever in the history of history. And the greatest cash-cow the unprincipled swine have ever seen. So no-one is in a hurry to stop milking that endless udder of public loot. Even if the ‘speed’ paradigm is manifest bullshit.

But that aside, the other great pink teat that leaks money into the coffers of the insurance companies who share the governments’ greed when it comes to divesting us of our hard-earned money, is the Third Party Insurance scam. That’s the one where you must insure yourself against injuring a third party on your motorcycle – something which is quite a rare occurrence when you actually consider it.

So what it will come down to, ultimately, is this: What amount of money are you prepared to pay to keep on riding?
What if they were to jack the annual CTP premium up to $1500?
What if they were to push it to $2000. Or $3000? Or more?
That will never happen, you reckon?

Yeah, because the insurance companies and the governments will suddenly come to their senses one day and realise that motorcycling is the only transportational solution to an over-crowded world groaning under the strain of the wretched car.

Please go sit at the back of the class and continue bronzing yourself in your own filth.
Ironically, a vast increase in CTP may actually re-purify motorcycling and ultimately save it from the cotton-wool-applying fascists who now pollute what was once the last surviving bastion of expressive freedom, rebelliousness and individuality on earth. For to make motocycling “safe” is to destroy it utterly.

So when the price of CTP skyrockets what will happen?
Well, it’s kinda obvious. Lots of people, for whom riding bikes is hobby or a pastime or a guilty pleasure will simply cease riding. Their wives, their financial commitments and their own barely repressed guilt won’t let them spend that kinda money to ride bikes. Their facile, half-hearted commitment to the motorcycle will ensure they depart from our tribe and return to the soul-dead Land of Car.

And good riddance to them.
Because what will be left will be those for whom riding is a feverish, all-consuming need; an addiction that will be fed regardless of the cost. Those who remain will be the ones who not only want to ride, but need to ride, for riding is what defines them. And who will (and have) paid any price and will continue to pay any price that is demanded.

They will, grudgingly of course, render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s. And they will do it because the alternative is simply too wretched and despicable to contemplate.
And thus will motorcycling return to people for whom it was always intended – the zealots, the fanatics, and the one-eyed partisans. The ones who will buy tyres instead of food. The ones who will always take the road less travelled. The ones who would rather eat their own livers than wear a fluoro vest. The ones who take responsibility for their own actions on the road, instead of blaming drivers, gravel, oil or bad black luck when it all goes to shit.

The ones who belong.
So jack the CTP price up all you want. See if I care.
You’d be doing us all a favour.

Motor Accident Injuries Amendment Bill 2013 - 21/05/2013 - 2R - NSW Parliament
www.parliament.nsw.gov.au
NSW Legislative Assembly Hansard extract; Speakers: Lynch, Mr Paul; Parker, Mr Jamie; Hay, Ms Noreen; Assistant-Speaker (Mr Andrew Fraser).