PDA

View Full Version : Race Leather Repairs

Pato
10-06-2015, 11:32 AM
After introducing my old Collins leathers to the asphalt last weekend at Broadford i find myself in need of a a leather repairer person.
Such a person appears to be in short supply in my rural community so i was hoping people may have some recommendations to get some quality work done. Thanks

Kimbo
10-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Micks Leather Fix is at a lot over races , he is pretty good

Ruckos87
10-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Irene at Ozmc leather she's in the Sydney CBD but at a few race meets as well from time to time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

windy
10-06-2015, 03:10 PM
I need to do the same thing after my crash last weekend as well.

Nelso
10-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Mick was flat out last time we checked and was weeks away from doing any work. He doesn't come to many race meets down this way any more, as he can't keep up with his workload. He does do great work though and for a good price, but the biggest downfall now is having to send them to him in Qld and the turn around time, especially when he's under the pump.

The last time I talked to Irena, she said she didn't have the time to do repairs and was cutting down on that side of the business so she could concentrate on the Gimoto leathers side of the business, so I'm not sure you will get her to do them for you. She does great work though, if you do manage to get her to do it.

I have recently found another repairer, who is local, does really good work (has repaired 3 sets of leathers for us now), is quick and is well priced! Her name is Myra Magnussen and her number is 0419414763. The website is trinityracewear.com.au . She also can make whole suits, but I think is concentrating on repairs and sponsorship logos, numbers etc. now. Ryan needed some repairs done before the last FX 'club' meet and she did them in less than 24 hours, so that he'd have them for the weekend. Her and her husband, Pete (who is one of the course control guys at SMSP), are nice people too.

There is one other company in Qld that do good repairs as well and it's who Andrew Smart uses for all of his Recondi repairs and alterations, but I can't recall their name. Marshy might remember who they are better than me; I swear I have early signs of dementia.

HTH.

chubb
10-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Phil @ Hiside leathers...

Nelso
10-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Phil @ Hiside leathers...

That's them.:thumb:

Kimbo
10-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Phil does mine for me ,

zoidberg
10-06-2015, 06:21 PM
I was about to say Irena, she does great work! Nice person too! Good to hear there are alternatives!

Turbo
10-06-2015, 06:41 PM
Irena has done some good stuff for me too, would recommend. :thumb:
Venus Repairs, also in Sydney CBD is supposed to be good too although I've not tried.

Pato
11-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks for everyone's excellent suggestions. I'll try Myra or Irena and see how I go. Thanks again.