PDA

View Full Version : Rsv4 keyless start

Button699
04-06-2015, 11:38 AM
Hey .. I'm just wiring up a keyless start to an rsv4.. It's not seeming to b as simple as the old find the '2 wires' and connect them to the switch .. I'm still running the immobiliser .. Just wondering if someone on here has done an v4 specifically and knows exactly which ones I need to use .. Any help appreciated ..

Breesey
04-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Hey Ben. You can get your ECU reflashed by Gabro in Italy. He can disable the immobiliser for keyless start. That is one option especially if you want to go retro aprc with race map while you are doing it [emoji6]

Button699
04-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Breezy! How's bradford? Did u take your coat?
Thanks man.. I've already got one of the apropos race maps up on the Ecu now.. Main reason for putting a switch on is cause when I crashed it a Wakefield the key snapped off I the ignition!! Just want to get it running asap at the moment

Turbo
04-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Marshy's done a keyless start for the RSV4.... Don't think it needed a flash. Marshy?

Button699
04-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Nah doesn't need a flash... I'm predi sure I'm close to having it... Just wanna make sure it's spot on... Spoke to marshy already.. He pointed me in the right direction... Cheers mate

Breesey
04-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Breezy! How's bradford? Did u take your coat?
Thanks man.. I've already got one of the apropos race maps up on the Ecu now.. Main reason for putting a switch on is cause when I crashed it a Wakefield the key snapped off I the ignition!! Just want to get it running asap at the moment

Cold n wet down here. Weather looking nice for the weekend after it dries out from all this rain. Getting excited now! 3 days of riding [emoji2][emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji100][emoji100]

Marshy
05-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Cold n wet down here. Weather looking nice for the weekend after it dries out from all this rain. Getting excited now! 3 days of riding [emoji2][emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji100][emoji100]

That's great!!! I'm sooooooo jelly!! I was just talking to Owen and we are both gutted not to be there. Vids, people! We need vids!!

Hope the weather is ok, and the racing good :thumb:

Marshy
05-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Marshy's done a keyless start for the RSV4.... Don't think it needed a flash. Marshy?

Oddly, I've done it twice now, and I can't actually remember what I did either time. When I get a moment, I'll pull apart the racebike and check where I wired it to. The difference is I'm still using the dash code to bypass the immobiliser, so I didn't need to preserve the antenna circuit. Throws an error light but, which is the one downside.

Hey Breesey, I've now got a Superstock ECU with no immobiliser, but how do you get the dash to not show an immobiliser error?? Does the dash need flashing too?

Kris
05-06-2015, 09:53 AM
Oddly, I've done it twice now, and I can't actually remember what I did either time. When I get a moment, I'll pull apart the racebike and check where I wired it to. The difference is I'm still using the dash code to bypass the immobiliser, so I didn't need to preserve the antenna circuit. Throws an error light but, which is the one downside.

Hey Breesey, I've now got a Superstock ECU with no immobiliser, but how do you get the dash to not show an immobiliser error?? Does the dash need flashing too?

Yep - Aprilia Racing sell a recoded dash to suit the SSTK ECU, its the one im using. No CEL. They dont tell you that when you buy the ecu - fuckers!

Button699
10-06-2015, 08:07 PM

Have finally got the keyless ignition sorted for the mighty v4... Full how to to follow... Thanks for the tips!

Turbo
12-06-2015, 06:07 AM
This is sooo good!! Going to have to update my push button selection after seing yours... :cool: :thumb:

tysonlin
22-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Hi,
Just searched this thread. I also want to turn my '09 RSV4 into track bike. How can I remove immobilizer without installing original key and antenna in the bike?
AF1 forum used dummy key to simulate it, not a bad choice but still look for other solution.

Thanks,
--Tyson

Marshy
22-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Hi Tyson :)

Unfortunately the only ways are:
1. installing the original key and antenna
2. using AndroidX's dummy key
3. if you don't do 1 or 2, you can simply enter the user code each and every time you turn the ignition on
4. ask nicely, send your dash to italy and (if you can get them to do it) get Aprilia to remove the immobiliser
5. buy a special 'no imo' dash from Aprilia Racing

I did #3 for a while, but it eventually drove me nuts so I ordered a dummy key.

#1 is cheap and easy. Just wire a toggle switch into the main ignition line to the barrel, then leave the key in the 'on' position, wrap the whole lot up in electrical tape and tuck it behind the dash. Job done! No cost, except the switch.

Marshy
22-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Just reading the thread again, for #4 and #5, you'll still need a flashed ECU to remove the immobiliser, IIRC. I'm not totally sure this is necessary tho.

tysonlin
22-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Thanks for feedback. I think I'll try option 1 or 2. Try to reach AndroidX to get the price of dummy key.

Marshy
22-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Thanks for feedback. I think I'll try option 1 or 2. Try to reach AndroidX to get the price of dummy key.

It wasn't that expensive.... E60 posted, maybe?? About A$100. From memory.