PDA

View Full Version : Hey

danga
23-04-2015, 04:00 AM
Hey All,

Im Dave, been a member for a bit, some may recognise me from nswrats.

Living in the UK at the moment and looking to get a bike over here to do European Trackdays & looking to sell my 600rr track back home.

Probably after an R6 or a zx6r, my budget will have the last say. (will have a look tthrough the forum to see what I need to look out for these bikes as ive always been a Honda guy)

ps - met James & Simon @Jerez aswell

Cheers,
Dave

Little Mick
23-04-2015, 06:59 AM
Welcome dazz

Turbo
23-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Hey Dave! :welcome:

I'm Simon's brother, used to ride with James too. Good luck with the bike hunt, keep us posted :thumb:
Hope to see you at a Euro track day soon. :peace:

Marshy
23-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Hey mate :thumb:

:welcome:

danga
23-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Hey Dave! :welcome:

I'm Simon's brother, used to ride with James too. Good luck with the bike hunt, keep us posted :thumb:
Hope to see you at a Euro track day soon. :peace:

Thanks Sicko,

Spent some time drooling over your build thread, but wont have the materials to do that here. Will be buying something that is ready to go, anything specific I should be looking out for 2008+ r6s?

Marshy - last time I saw you, you had a handful of R6s, now they're RSV4s how quixkly time flies.

Lil Mick - good to hear from you again, been a while

Turbo
23-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Spent some time drooling over your build thread, but wont have the materials to do that here. Will be buying something that is ready to go

She's just come back from the dyno tonight, I'll send you it for the right price ;)
There are plenty of things to look out for when buying any raced/tracked bike. You're on the right track with 2008+ R6 tho. The only thing R6 specific I can think of is to invest in some tank sliders as it sticks out pretty far.
http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthread.php?96-Why-your-R6-needs-tank-protectors-(warning-graphic)&highlight=tank
Other than that, the throttle can be snatchy at crack open so you'll probably want an after market throttle or just make a custom cam, like mine.

Keep us posted with what you find! :thumb: