PDA

View Full Version : SMSP - TD"S on Special

Lets Torque
23-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Any one get this today... maybe the ARDC TD's have started a war... can only be good for us the consumer:bounce:

"Sydney Motorsport Park 24 Hour Sale!!!
That’s right…we’re having a 24 hour sale on selected Ride Days at Sydney Motorsport Park! Between 12 noon on Monday the 27th of May and 12 noon on Tuesday the 28th of May we will be having our first ever ‘’Monday Madness sale’’! And exactly what is on offer? I thought you’d never ask!...
For this 24 hour period only you will be able to book a position in any group (slow, medium, medium fast, fast) for the June 25th, 26th and 27th ride days at a never before offered 30% off the normal price! That means you’ll pay only $160 for your Ride day, saving an incredible $69 off the regular rate!!!
To take advantage of this amazing offer you need to do the following…
Book online at www.smsprd.com.au
Do it between the hours of 12 noon 27th of May and 12 noon 28th of May 2013
Commit to attending the day (no changes will be allowed once booked)
Sound good? But wait…there’s more…
One of the lucky riders who book during this 24 hour period will be refunded the full cost of their Sydney Motorsport Park Ride Day and ride their chosen day for free! That’s right, the names of those who have booked during this time period will go into a random draw, with a completely free day being given to one rider per day…that’s up to 3 opportunities to ride for free!
Attendance at these dates is also recognised within the Rider Rewards program, giving you more discounts sooner. So log the dates and times in your diary now and get booking!!!..."

Marshy
23-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Yep, numbers have been very low during weekday track days. Our red group a couple of weeks ago had 12 people in it (out of a max of 45), and white was the same or less. People are voting with their wallets about the long circuit too - which is why they've also just introduced some GP circuit days in the second half of the year.

We shall see how it plays out!

As an aside, I'm always massively surprised at just how many 'first timers' there are at every single track day. It tells me that despite their 'rewards' program, there's an awful lot of people that try out the ECRD product and for whatever reason don't like it. Cost, delays, intimidation, overcrowding, cost, people in wrong groups, disliking the new extension, being treated like kids, and cost are some of my guesses. I'm sure there are heaps more. Interesting that they seem to finally be 'using up' all the first timers that their monopoly granted them, and now revenues are down.

chubb
23-05-2013, 08:02 PM
160ish is more reasonalbe

Phat3R
23-05-2013, 09:12 PM
I booked last week Mon 24th to Wed 26th ... the Mon was a 100% RR discount, but Tue & Wed were the normal price ... So should I cancel Tue & Wed and rebook them on Mon at the new price? I assume these MM $160 days count towards RR points? I'm close to a free helmet ... 1 chance in 160 to save $160 isn't really an influencing decision ... can get better odds on the GG's ...

Marshy
23-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I booked last week Mon 24th to Wed 26th ... the Mon was a 100% RR discount, but Tue & Wed were the normal price ... So should I cancel Tue & Wed and rebook them on Mon at the new price? I assume these MM $160 days count towards RR points? I'm close to a free helmet ... 1 chance in 160 to save $160 isn't really an influencing decision ... can get better odds on the GG's ...

Bugger!! Yep, I'd be rebooking - although you can probably book 'twice', then cancel the full price ones, just to make sure you don't miss out entirely. I get the impression they will sell out fast! And yes, the cheap days still count towards RR.

Phat3R
23-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Bugger!! Yep, I'd be rebooking - although you can probably book 'twice', then cancel the full price ones, just to make sure you don't miss out entirely. I get the impression they will sell out fast! And yes, the cheap days still count towards RR.

Thx Marshy I like it ... I'll hit them up early on Monday for the Tue, Wed then cancel the FP ones. With the saving can also do Thu! Have to get those 2nd hand slicks I bought off you on the rims :)

I don't like that the Reward discounts can only be claimed after you have attended the TD, not after you have paid for it. It's a disincentive to book a lot of TD's ahead (I just booked every WE TD to Xmas at full price). I understand they are concerned about cancellations, but they can just reprice the other track days you booked accordingly.

Also understand that should turning up on wet days don't want to ride so can to register, otherwise even though you payed the day doesn't count towards your RR's ...

The WD red numbers you mention should make all those faster red group guys that suffer on the WE's reconsider ...

Marshy
23-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Have to get those 2nd hand slicks I bought off you on the rims :)

http://tarmactalk.com/forum/showthread.php?101-Marshy-s-tyre-changing-service
:peace: