PDA

View Full Version : Drags, Bike Night! - 9th April

Turbo
30-03-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty keen to get practicing my race starts. Although my shoulder isn't back to 100% I've been given the all-clear.
Next bike night at Sydney drags is the 9th of April... Who's in??

http://www.sydneydragway.com.au/events/bike-night120409/

dan
30-03-2015, 02:25 PM
In pending work.

Marshy
30-03-2015, 03:24 PM
I would, but I'll just be arriving in Warwick, QLD for ASBK round 2 at exactly that time.

dan
30-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Good ole Warwick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo
30-03-2015, 05:01 PM
I would, but I'll just be arriving in Warwick, QLD for ASBK round 2 at exactly that time.

Just cancel mate, I'm sure you'd rather be going in a straight line...

Marshy
30-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Just cancel mate, I'm sure you'd rather be going in a straight line...

Straight line all the way to Queensland ;)

Negrogrande
01-04-2015, 11:56 PM
I have days in lieu so also pending work

Turbo
09-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Last call for the drags tonight! :peace:

Nelso
09-04-2015, 04:14 PM
I'd like to for race start practice, but I don't have a swingarm in my ZX10 at the moment and none of the other bikes would be worth taking up.

Turbo
09-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Top night, back on the bike for the first time in 5 months!! :thumb:
First couple of go's I was pretty cautious.. We were instructed to launch as if I was taking off at the traffic lights. All went fine, if a little slow.
By the third time I wanted to try a bit harder so the red mist came down.. STALLED! Fuck! Proper gutted, that's no good at all. :frusty:
Wandered around the paddock for a while feeling like I was never going to get the hang of starts and decided to go watch other people.
I watched the lights count down, more than anything else, and mimed the hand movements over and over to see what I was doing.
Dumping the clutch.. every time! Some part of my brain equated the red mist of 'concentration face' and going fast to dropping the clutch. :nono:
Ok problem identified, now to train it out. More watching the lights and doing hand movements until I felt I was feeding the clutch. Time to get back on the bike -
It works, I can start - every time! :high5: Felt really relaxed on the last few sessions and could start playing with start revs and throttle action to gain more time.
Certainly not the fastest one off the line but as far as nailing my start line gremlins go, I'm pretty fukin happy! I WILL be back for more!! :peace:

stevem
10-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Good to hear Owen , few more nights like that and it will be second nature. How were the war wounds ? Did everything hold up OK ?

Turbo
10-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Good to hear Owen , few more nights like that and it will be second nature. How were the war wounds ? Did everything hold up OK ?

Thanks man, yes that's the plan! Although it doesn't look like there is a bike night on again for a while.. Is it seasonal?
War wounds weren't too bad. Tucking was a little tricky with the frozen shoulder and I had a few aches, probably mostly due to personal fitness not being back to 100%!
All in al tho, really great to be making progress towards more braaaaap!! :cool: :thumb:

chubb
11-04-2015, 07:05 AM
awesome owen! Glad to see you're back on the bike mate!