PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Casar Park

dadat178
25-03-2015, 08:39 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2967387/motorsport-complex-promises-big-benefits/?cs=305

A NEW Central Coast motorsport complex planned for the Wyee area is expected to deliver a new type of tourism to the Central Coast and Lake Macquarie districts while helping to cut youth unemployment.

The new Casar Park motorsport and driver training facility, which will occupy an 80-hectare site bounded by Gosford Road, the M1 Freeway and Bushell’s Ridge Road, is expected to include a 3.5-kilometre racing circuit as its major drawcard.

A kart racing track and driver training area including a skid pan, a speedway racing oval that can double as a showground and a camping and caravan park will be added later with a one-eighth mile (200-metre) drag strip for street cars also a possibility.

The site is also expected to include a chocolate and licorice factory and retail outlet and a caravan park and camping ground.

Brad Wilson, spokesman for the group behind the complex, said the development application is expected to be lodged with Wyong Shire Council by the end of May and stage one of the project – the main circuit, pits, control tower and medical centre – could be operational by the end of this year on a four-month build schedule.

Mr Wilson said the group was looking for $26million state and federal government funding to get the project finished in the shortest time.

If funding did not come from the state government, Mr Wilson said, the group would ask for federal government help, but going down that route would push the project back about six months.

Turbo
25-03-2015, 08:43 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2967387/motorsport-complex-promises-big-benefits/?cs=305

A NEW Central Coast motorsport complex planned for the Wyee area is expected to deliver a new type of tourism to the Central Coast and Lake Macquarie districts while helping to cut youth unemployment.

The new Casar Park motorsport and driver training facility, which will occupy an 80-hectare site bounded by Gosford Road, the M1 Freeway and Bushell’s Ridge Road, is expected to include a 3.5-kilometre racing circuit as its major drawcard.

A kart racing track and driver training area including a skid pan, a speedway racing oval that can double as a showground and a camping and caravan park will be added later with a one-eighth mile (200-metre) drag strip for street cars also a possibility.

The site is also expected to include a chocolate and licorice factory and retail outlet and a caravan park and camping ground.

Brad Wilson, spokesman for the group behind the complex, said the development application is expected to be lodged with Wyong Shire Council by the end of May and stage one of the project – the main circuit, pits, control tower and medical centre – could be operational by the end of this year on a four-month build schedule.

Mr Wilson said the group was looking for $26million state and federal government funding to get the project finished in the shortest time.

If funding did not come from the state government, Mr Wilson said, the group would ask for federal government help, but going down that route would push the project back about six months.

I saw they've got simulators of it too... Not sure how much rider feedback you could get from a steering wheel tho! :lol:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10998314_353159351543340_6307830387948312550_o.jpg

Marshy
25-03-2015, 09:24 AM

They had me at chocolate factory.....

Mr.Ed
25-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Great news! I'm not holding my breath but any track with 3.5ks and a ETA that doesn't send me into my 40s is music to my years...

They should do what Indy did and go crowd funding with the clubs/AASA/CAMs etc. I'd put some money down if they made it bike friendly (i.e. no walls)

Saturnalian
25-03-2015, 11:26 AM
I was booked in on Friday to have a crack on the simulator for this track. I got busy with motorcycle electronics and forgot all about it.

They should do what Indy did and go crowd funding with the clubs/AASA/CAMs etc. I'd put some money down if they made it bike friendly (i.e. no walls)

They've been on a crowd funding and corporate partner program for 2+ years now Ed. A lot of that money was used to put together the DA and amendments etc.

Here's hoping....

Mr.Ed
25-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Had a look at it from the PC now, these guys seem legit... and much closer than Wakefield too! Lots of upside if this thing gets off the ground!

Turtle
25-03-2015, 02:24 PM

ROAD TRIP

Marshy
25-03-2015, 03:38 PM

ROAD TRIP

:thumb: :cheer: :peace: